Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
F03436968dc01d743c1696c1df77b5f0
View attachment 82581 View attachment 82582 So what kind of setup do you guys and gals use when over night exploring in your Pioneers? Do you bring a tent, sleep under the stars or pull a trailer or teardrop? Have any of you ever considered installing a roof top tent on top of your pioneers? I was considering future setups for longer excursions into the wildernesses we so love to explore. I am curious to see what everybody does.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hammocks are nice for just chilling but not the most comfortable to sleep over night in unless you're a heavy drinker. Plus I'd not even consider sleeping in one during the late fall or winter in some areas. Unless you're a heavy drinker.. I have an Eno with all the accessories but I rarely use it for camping anymore.

advertisement
J

JTW

Hammocks are nice for just chilling but not the most comfortable to sleep over night in unless you're a heavy drinker. Plus I'd not even consider sleeping in one during the late fall or winter in some areas. Unless you're a heavy drinker.. I have an Eno with all the accessories but I rarely use it for camping anymore.
I disagree... you just don’t have the right setup.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Have slept at 15 degrees comfortably but it’s all in the set up as jtw said. At one time I planned on mounting a hard top pop up tent on the top for over landing, they have one that fits on a Mini Cooper but plans changed.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have slept at 15 degrees comfortably but it’s all in the set up as jtw said. At one time I planned on mounting a hard top pop up tent on the top for over landing, they have one that fits on a Mini Cooper but plans changed.
Yea, I have a Hennessy with the insulating pad that you lay on that helps.

Reactions: 100Acre and BWAF
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Your backyard doesn't count...When you gonna take it for a long haul?:D

Lol, that's not my backyard but wasn't a camping trip either. It was the maiden voyage for that little trailer and it damn near got me stuck in a mud hole, had to do some revisions. Now it has more ground clearance than the machine.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!