P1000 pioneer le vs pioneer 5 le

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is the cost of the pioneer 5 le generally the same as the le or is it more expensive? I am seeing them about the same on atv trader. What say you guys.
Are there any advantages of one over the other?
Thanks much for looking and stay healthy.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The -3 is less money. in 2019 $1500 less. for 2020 the 3 seater is not available in LE trim. You can find good deals on 2018/19 holdovers. I just,got a 2018 1000-3 LE for 15K. The buggy is equipped the same as the -5 Without the flip up seats and extended ROPS. So far I love it.
4352AF94 2350 4F16 945B 97A41E1DC852

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like Abernathy’s in Union City TN has a 2019 1000- LE for 16,700. That should be OTD price. It’s worth the drive. Shouldn’t be too far from you,

H

HondaTech

Not to stir the pot, but if your purchasing from there be sure to check everything over. The last 2 units I've worked on that were purchased from them were complete disasters.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks Honda Tech. Do you have suggestions for a dealer check-out before it leaves the dealer lot? I think a lot of member who are not Techs would appreciate your suggestions. It could save them some new owner shock when they take the machine out for the first time.

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
The -3 is less money. in 2019 $1500 less. for 2020 the 3 seater is not available in LE trim. You can find good deals on 2018/19 holdovers. I just,got a 2018 1000-3 LE for 15K. The buggy is equipped the same as the -5 Without the flip up seats and extended ROPS. So far I love it.View attachment 196350

That's a good looking machine. I kinda want it over my 1000-5 Deluxe.

Reactions: Isaiah
-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
They is a dealership here in SD that has some pretty good deals. They still have brand new 2018's 1000-3 LE going for 14,900. May or may not be worth a road trip. Pretty big honda pioneer inventory as well up to 2020's.

H

HondaTech

Thanks Honda Tech. Do you have suggestions for a dealer check-out before it leaves the dealer lot? I think a lot of member who are not Techs would appreciate your suggestions. It could save them some new owner shock when they take the machine out for the first time.

Most of it is not a safety issue, just little things. Like door rattles,bed adjustments, drive mode adjustment that give the Pioneer a bad rap. But I've also seen net attachments installed improperly, missing seat bolts on Talons, poorly/incorrectly installed accessories.

Customers shouldnt have to redo the setup portion of a unit before picking it up. Some of the stuff, like the 4 seat Talons having the rubber washers on the roof in the wrong spot are Hondas screw ups. If we hadnt been searching for a rattle, we would've never found it. The bolt mix up on early Talon 2 seaters, is another issue that would most likely get looked over until you realize you have the wrong bolts for the muffler cover.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had same decision.
I initially looked at a 17 3 seat LE at 15$.
Wife decided $2 G more for back seats.
Dealer threw in some goodies and discounts so it wasn't much to go a year newer 5 seat.

I did notice the precheck paint dots all over the machine.. The dealer said, oh yes, we have a strict setup policy in the shop. I thought right, just paint dots.. but as I've had my hands all over it, they were right. Everything was setup correctly that was marked. Very happy with dealer prep, including fluid levels.

Buy either one, you wont look back.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
advertisement
H

HondaTech

I had same decision.
I initially looked at a 17 3 seat LE at 15$.
Wife decided $2 G more for back seats.
Dealer threw in some goodies and discounts so it wasn't much to go a year newer 5 seat.

I did notice the precheck paint dots all over the machine.. The dealer said, oh yes, we have a strict setup policy in the shop. I thought right, just paint dots.. but as I've had my hands all over it, they were right. Everything was setup correctly that was marked. Very happy with dealer prep, including fluid levels.

Buy either one, you wont look back.

The paint dots are Honda quality checks at the factory, their lying if they implied they put those there.

Reactions: Isaiah and Enigma
G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So Im looking at a 1000 5 el for the same price as a 1000 el. Guess I will go with the 5. Thanks for your help.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda Tech is correct. Those marks are put on at the factory to check for proper torque requrements at the factory. Also some guys use a dykem pens after their purchase to check for any nut walking from use (virbration). Maybe your dealer is putting nut/bolt marks to check for nut walking also. Great idea in my opinion

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not meant to start an argument.
The dealer I bought from has a pre customer delivery checklist. They mark lug nuts, rops bolts, seat belt fasteners, oil dipstick and fill holes, battery, radiator and burp tank, everything they touch during setup. Good dealer, I think so.
Assembly marking; I've toured many heavy equipment factories and I certainly understand that, it's all over my heavy equipment.

Happy Easter.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most of it is not a safety issue, just little things. Like door rattles,bed adjustments, drive mode adjustment that give the Pioneer a bad rap. But I've also seen net attachments installed improperly, missing seat bolts on Talons, poorly/incorrectly installed accessories.

Had to do all of that on mine plus adjust the brake light switch and straighten the steering wheel. And then the first time I used the winch it caused the machine to stall immediately due to some wiring screw up my dealership did. Mine was purchased in MA, and IIRC a lot of these were common issues with the P1k in the beginning. Hopefully most of the dealerships have all those pre delivery kinks worked out by now.

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Customers shouldnt have to redo the setup portion of a unit before picking it up. Some of the stuff, like the 4 seat Talons having the rubber washers on the roof in the wrong spot are Hondas screw ups. If we hadnt been searching for a rattle, we would've never found it. The bolt mix up on early Talon 2 seaters, is another issue that would most likely get looked over until you realize you have the wrong bolts for the muffler cover.

I bought my 1000 5 in Chattanooga TN and the only thing was 1 net was put on backwards:) you are exactly right;)

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!