Pioneer low end power

R

randall27

Sep 1, 2014
Im looking at buying a pioneer 700 and would like to know everyones opinions that has on already. Ive seen good and bad, would just like to have a place where everyone can post there opinion. I understand if your way up in the mountains its not good but other than that. I will be mostly flat terrain with a trip once or twice a year to slightly steep mountains nothing over 3k feet

Does the pioneer have enough low end torque for you? What kind of pulling have you done? How steep of hills have you climbed? What does is bog down on? Are you satisfied or not?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have not run in to any sistuation where it lost power. Climbing big long hills it is a crawler for sure. With no major speed you are chugging along around 7 mph but it pulls great.

I think this is where the complaints come from. People want lots of power, speed, and wheel spin. The Pioneer does not offer that.

But with that said. I'm only at 1k feet.

If you do searches. You will find it about 50/50 mix in opinion. But Lynn is working on a cheap DIY solution to overcome this power loss.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After this weekend I did quite a bit of 4 person hauling the motor has plenty of power even for the 300 pounders I was dragging around. Had 3 of them in there plus me 190. Took them longer to climb in and out anyways I was shutteling people up and down a farm road all day wasn't rough but 500yds up a hill. Pulled just fine would hold first real long but once I figured to let off and let it shift to 2nd it worked great there were 2 rangers doing the same 4 seat 800 and a 900 both of them you could smell the belt when they were loaded up doing the hill 800 was smoking it unless he was in low. Needless to say the 800 popo and I were very equal we switched up and they had nothing but good things to say about the pioneer and they are polaris fanatics.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!