Pioneer overheating

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
I am thinking of buying a pioneer 700-4. How hot does the cab get with the engine being under the seat? Will the kids FRY in the back?

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I have only had mine since November but it does not get hot. The grandkids love it! Dale

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I don't think you'll have problems of it getting to hot under the seat etc; If you look at how it's made you'll see that there is lots of air movement between the skid plate and floor and frame etc: There shouldn't be heat issues like other ones have.With the amount of air flowing underneath it'll cool,and blow out hot air as you drive.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In Sept in Alabama when I bought mine it was upper 90's and in the 100's with 75-100% humidity some. I rode, it was miserable, BUT NOT from the engine heat and it did not overheat, fan definitely came on more often than it does right now in 30-40F weather.

Yes the foot well was warm to the touch but only a few degrees warmer than ambient air temp you could leave your bare leg against it and it not be uncomfortable.

The back should be warm in warm weather, you are enclosed it a bed area, but there is a good distance and a heat shield between the seats and the muffler.

Def prefer late fall winter and early spring riding.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
ohanacreek said:
In Sept in Alabama when I bought mine it was upper 90's and in the 100's with 75-100% humidity some. I rode, it was miserable, BUT NOT from the engine heat and it did not overheat, fan definitely came on more often than it does right now in 30-40F weather.

Yes the foot well was warm to the touch but only a few degrees warmer than ambient air temp you could leave your bare leg against it and it not be uncomfortable.

The back should be warm in warm weather, you are enclosed it a bed area, but there is a good distance and a heat shield between the seats and the muffler.

Def prefer late fall winter and early spring riding.

Glad to hear that actually. We notice a good bit of warmth from the engine in the cab, was afraid in the summer it would be too hot/ uncomfortable.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I rode mine in September when it was in the high 80's. While we could feel some warmth between the front seats coming through, it wasn't enough to concern me. We had 6 people riding in it at one time - the smaller kids sitting between us (going slow around a pasture) no one complained or felt too hot. I do really like it in the cooler months. While not a lot of warmth, it does give off a little. For the rear passengers on the P4 model the engine heat is a none issue.

I was actually thinking about adding a pass through fan below the center seat to pull in the warmth from the motor into the cab during the Winter and then reversing the fan in the summer to get some air movement in the cab and help keep things cooler underneath during the hot summer months. I've seen this same fan set-up on Polaris Rangers and it seems to work for them.

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
I live in the desert and even in hot temps have felt engine heat in the cab or from the seat

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!