Pioneer security

JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bought me a 1000-5 deluxe, keeping it in a freshly built steel building that has mag locks on all doors and security system with cameras ( maybe over doing it lol ) but I take no chances a lock is only for an honest person so I at least try to make it hard for someone to snag this beast. Question is, is anyone using anything on the machine itself in the past I've used disc brake locks on atv but the pioneer doesn't seem to have accessible areas for such locks any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 100Acre
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bought me a 1000-5 deluxe, keeping it in a freshly built steel building that has mag locks on all doors and security system with cameras ( maybe over doing it lol ) but I take no chances a lock is only for an honest person so I at least try to make it hard for someone to snag this beast. Question is, is anyone using anything on the machine itself in the past I've used disc brake locks on atv but the pioneer doesn't seem to have accessible areas for such locks any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

A paranoid security freak after my own heart. I have (24) 4K IP cameras in various locations around my house and property, you can't get close to gaining entry without me being able to let the police know who you are.

I had a GPS tracker on my 700 but I lived in a neighborhood and only had 3 cameras at the time.

Several companies have them.
Look at tracking frequency, compare the plans. The smaller and more weatherproof the better, you don't want a thief to know it's there. Hide it where you can get constant power and in a place they wouldn't think to look or be able to check easily.

JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A paranoid security freak after my own heart. I have (24) 4K IP cameras in various locations around my house and property, you can't get close to gaining entry without me being able to let the police know who you are.

I had a GPS tracker on my 700 but I lived in a neighborhood and only had 3 cameras at the time.

Look at tracking frequency, compare the plans. The smaller and more weatherproof the better, you don't want a thief to know it's there. Hide it where you can get constant power and in a place they wouldn't think to look or be able to check easily.

Been looking at gps trackers just so many to look and choose from. I plan on a Kill switch as well I've had atv's stolen before and makes me want to murder someone and that's just a couple grand investment. With the pioneer we all know we have thousands and thousands in these things just want to do as much as possible to make someone say screw this this is to hard to steal lol

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The best insurance you can get is a $5 kill switch hidden somewhere. If they can't start it, they can't steal it. Insurance is important but it won't prevent it from being stolen. Personally, I don't want someone stealing it then having to go through the pain in the ass of replacing it and rebuilding it again with all these mods. I'm working on my second one now adding everything we have to add. It takes quite a bit of time.

S

Swheels

Dec 4, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a Spy5000M with a proximity sensor. Works like a charm and alerts you with the key fob when someone messes with
Your machine.

IMG 0053

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@ohanacreek I may PM you one day to ask more questions about camera systems

@JRN88tion I have thought about a killswitch as well - I am not so much worried about it at my house but more so when staying over at camp grounds - as with anything you have to make it look like too much trouble so that they go for eaiser prey.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
If you have Verizon, I highly recommend the kids watch called GizmoPal 2. I picked up a refurbed watch on EBay for $30. Battery lasts for 5 days. Cost is $5 a month. You can set up daily gps notifications or if it leaves a place you define, it will let you know.Da54b60368bbb2655805fbc821e8cb52

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have Verizon, I highly recommend the kids watch called GizmoPal 2. I picked up a refurbed watch on EBay for $30. Battery lasts for 5 days. Cost is $5 a month. You can set up daily gps notifications or if it leaves a place you define, it will let you know.View attachment 48400

Not a bad idea. Anyway to leave charging?

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes Insurance and yes key out But there's another cheap way you can help recover in case a thief catches you slacking or you have to leave it set...I wrote about this a while back and since then I have purchased a Motorola I290 cell phone That I have to put on my truck or my Sxs or what ever you want...30$ phone 10 bucks a month....I have the tracking on it and the app let me know if it moves..... it moves I call cops and they have live tracking.......Yes if the machine is where there is no service then it's sketchy but you will see where it was last gps locked.
I'm going to use it in my daughters car when she starts going out too.....The phone stays charged for A week tracking and maybe more. But I have can leave it hooked to Battery for months if I needed to.......I know how you fill when you said that you could kill someone for stealing your ride but I would track the machine myself and retrieve it our way;)

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Not a bad idea. Anyway to leave charging?

It's just a micro USB connection for changing. When I got it at the Verizon store, the guy behind the counter says he uses one on his motorcycle in case of theft.

Reactions: ohanacreek
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
My concern has been while traveling and/or staying at a hotel. I’ve bought all of the locks for the trailer to truck and a coupler lock. I also got a 15’ cable lock to wrap through the machine and wheels of the trailer. My other concern is that you can move the shifter to “N” without the key and roll the machine. I may look into a kill switch but I may also look into some sort of shifter lock.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cable lock the front of the machine around the tongue of my trailer and one on the rear looped through my tailgate pockets. Both go through the frame or at least A arms of the machine. As dumb it may sound I also use a one of those sleeved chain locks and wrap it through the steering wheel, doors, and the cage. So no matter what direction they approach the machine from would be thieves easily see it is "secured" and hopefully that keeps them moving along. I have been bummed that I can't use my disc locks in addition like I do with my ATV's and motorcycle.

I've had people harass me that all the ratchet straps I use to tie it down to the trailer are probably reason enough for them to move on. Typically one over each tire, one over the bumper, and one over the hitch. Extra length of straps used to further tie it onto the trailer, just in case. I've yet to loose anything from a truck, trailer, or roof rack ever though. lol

Reactions: swsebek
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
best security is good insurance. no matter what you do if someone wants it worse than you do they will take it. i would look for a lockable parking brake something to keep the machine stationary. kill switches are nice but a thief probably wont be starting anything up until after he rolls it a safe distance away. a detach steering will would also be a plus, hard to move something when you cant steer it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
best security is good insurance. no matter what you do if someone wants it worse than you do they will take it. i would look for a lockable parking brake something to keep the machine stationary. kill switches are nice but a thief probably wont be starting anything up until after he rolls it a safe distance away. a detach steering will would also be a plus, hard to move something when you cant steer it.
Detachable is a possibility!
9B3C17F5 965D 48E9 811F 21A83ADC5A26

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!