pioneer upgrades

S

smikles

Jan 4, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question for the more experienced folks on here. I have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and have just started to do some riding at Ride Royal blue and Windrock. It is just stock but I wounder what Items I need the most to make the experience better.
I know after some mud slinging I need the rear fender extensions, but which ones are the best or provide the most protection, if I have choices?
What are the other items I might enjoy like upgraded shocks, lift kit, bigger and heaver duty tires, rims. I don't know if I need any of it but would like to get information from you out there that have the experience.
If you have suggestions could you please give me ideas on brands, best places to buy ect.
Let me say I don't want to do any crazy things on the trails, moderate is more than enough for me, just like having fun.
By the way went to Windrock park last week and had a good time we are going to Ride Royal Blue in Oct.
Thanks in advance

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question for the more experienced folks on here. I have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and have just started to do some riding at Ride Royal blue and Windrock. It is just stock but I wounder what Items I need the most to make the experience better.
I know after some mud slinging I need the rear fender extensions, but which ones are the best or provide the most protection, if I have choices?
What are the other items I might enjoy like upgraded shocks, lift kit, bigger and heaver duty tires, rims. I don't know if I need any of it but would like to get information from you out there that have the experience.
If you have suggestions could you please give me ideas on brands, best places to buy ect.
Let me say I don't want to do any crazy things on the trails, moderate is more than enough for me, just like having fun.
By the way went to Windrock park last week and had a good time we are going to Ride Royal Blue in Oct.
Thanks in advance

for moderate Trails, a spare, spare tierod, skid, and a winch. Drive reasonably and the factory tires are fine.

I have done a large majority of royal blue some of Windrock with just that.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had a lot of fun a few weeks ago at RRB. I used the winch twice and an extension cable once. We got a flat tire despite 8 ply tires but we fixed it with plugs and CO2. I appreciated the roof for the rain and rubbing obstacles. Skid plates are necessary in my opinion. I loved having upgraded shocks but we typically run an aggressive pace . I'm more comfortable with 4point harnesses. Beefed up rock sliders took a beating but look new.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of WNC, for me, first thing was a wEnch second was a UHMW full skid, just ordered new wheels and tires, and sometime in the future I’ll upgrade shocks. IMHO the winch and skid plate are top priority, the trails are changing constantly the same trail you rode a week ago will not be the same in a month or two. Any other mods are as needed, good luck with your ride. Oh, a group of us are getting together end of September for a ride at Royal blue, you are welcome to come if you can make it.

S

smikles

Jan 4, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of WNC, for me, first thing was a wEnch second was a UHMW full skid, just ordered new wheels and tires, and sometime in the future I’ll upgrade shocks. IMHO the winch and skid plate are top priority, the trails are changing constantly the same trail you rode a week ago will not be the same in a month or two. Any other mods are as needed, good luck with your ride. Oh, a group of us are getting together end of September for a ride at Royal blue, you are welcome to come if you can make it.
When are you going to be there?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When are you going to be there?

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!