ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently just received a Charles Daly Honcho from my father n law. I had been wanting a self defense type shotgun to start carrying in my 1000-3 being that I explore alone quite a bit. Now that I have one, trying to find a good safe way to pack it around in my sxs has become a problem. Would like to have it mounted in a way for quick & easy access, but also out of the way. Any suggestions would be greatful...

The cab design will make fast access to a shotgun ungainly to bring to a position for defense.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently just received a Charles Daly Honcho from my father n law. I had been wanting a self defense type shotgun to start carrying in my 1000-3 being that I explore alone quite a bit. Now that I have one, trying to find a good safe way to pack it around in my sxs has become a problem. Would like to have it mounted in a way for quick & easy access, but also out of the way. Any suggestions would be greatful...
Voodoo Tactical Shotgun Scabbard

Reactions: Skin0375 and sharp
Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Even if it's only 27" long?....I'm not planning on something coming in the cab on me. Only thinkin of situations as running onto a bear while out on the trail, possible coyote, or anything that may threaten me. Able to draw and be ready if it was to decide not to run or be scared away easily.
The cab design will make fast access to a shotgun ungainly to bring to a position for defense.

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even if it's only 27" long?....I'm not planning on something coming in the cab on me. Only thinkin of situations as running onto a bear while out on the trail, possible coyote, or anything that may threaten me. Able to draw and be ready if it was to decide not to run or be scared away easily.

I had an UTAS 15 (27") for a little while, I think it'd be too long and too large to mount anywhere and be able to get it released from a secure mount very quickly. Seeing as it'd be mounted where a good jolt might set it off I wouldn't chamber a round in a shotgun and ride rough trails. I am no gun instructor but I think a pistol, with enough ability to transfer kinetic energy, would stop most aggressive animals you will find in WVa

I know SEVERAL guys use magnets for a pistol in their caliber of choice(not starting that crap throwing contest)

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
I carry Kenai chest holster when shed hunting, fishing & bow hunting in grizzly rich environments...most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Would be fine for riding sxs or an ATV. Would be a good choice as it wouldn't cause any seating issues. I carry a 44 mag all day on hikes up to 20 miles with no discomfort. Soon to add a 454 & only need to purchase holster...straps interchange easily.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up a super mint never been fired new in the box S&W Model 36 No Dash .38 Chiefs Special with 3" barrel today for 4 bills. Immaculate! By the serial number it's from 1976.

Reactions: mjn and sharp
J

JTW

Picked up a super mint never been fired new in the box S&W Model 36 No Dash .38 Chiefs Special with 3" barrel today for 4 bills. Immaculate! By the serial number it's from 1976.
Give you your money back

advertisement
Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had an UTAS 15 (27") for a little while, I think it'd be too long and too large to mount anywhere and be able to get it released from a secure mount very quickly. Seeing as it'd be mounted where a good jolt might set it off I wouldn't chamber a round in a shotgun and ride rough trails. I am no gun instructor but I think a pistol, with enough ability to transfer kinetic energy, would stop most aggressive animals you will find in WVa

I know SEVERAL guys use magnets for a pistol in their caliber of choice(not starting that crap throwing contest)
Currently carry a 40 S&W on my side. Have a Super Redhawk that has plenty of knockdown power, but, don't like carrying it in the brush, too nice of a gun. The Honcho won't have 1 in the chamber of course, but I'll also be packing it while on foot. Most of the terrain is old logging ground, greenbriars, tight quarter thickets and a lot of underbrush, that why I'd also like the Honcho

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I carry Kenai chest holster when shed hunting, fishing & bow hunting in grizzly rich environments...most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Would be fine for riding sxs or an ATV. Would be a good choice as it wouldn't cause any seating issues. I carry a 44 mag all day on hikes up to 20 miles with no discomfort. Soon to add a 454 & only need to purchase holster...straps interchange easily.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

i like that holster

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
This was a drunk purchase from last week while I was watching football. Came up on an Instagram ad and thought I had to have it. It’s actually pretty cool though! Made of plastic so it won’t scratch the slide and has two magnets behind it to hold the gun in. Made my Phantom holsters.

D7DEF982 39F1 4450 BB44 B5638FDE0859 55297C15 7BA6 47FD 8326 81567AC7F1A3

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dam dude... nice find! You ever want to part with it, let me know. I love Smith J-frames.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
This was a drunk purchase from last week while I was watching football. Came up on an Instagram ad and thought I had to have it. It’s actually pretty cool though! Made of plastic so it won’t scratch the slide and has two magnets behind it to hold the gun in. Made my Phantom holsters.

View attachment 153674 View attachment 153675
Is that the one one u can push down and rack one?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!