P1000 Pistol Carrying Solutions

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
I'll bet it's a blast to shoot though. I think even my carry weapon is probably borderline too much for a self defense, but with the amount of time we spend in desolate trails after dark, never know when a bear or big kitty might happen by

Yes sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone mentioned a Judge .45/.410, and ultimately that's what I will carry around the farm and out in the woods, so a magnet will work for it. I work for Mossy Oak Properties dealing with farms and hunting land so I am oftentimes out of the truck walking around different properties and want to have protection from typical Arkansas critters in the spring and summer. The Glock is my concealed choice, and I carry it at 5 o'clock because I am right handed and it fits well back there, but I wouldn't need to keep it there while riding around in the truck or Honda though, just somewhere easily accessible.

Does anyone use the magnets for revolver-type weapons? Not as much flat surface to stick to on them.

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Someone mentioned a Judge .45/.410, and ultimately that's what I will carry around the farm and out in the woods, so a magnet will work for it. I work for Mossy Oak Properties dealing with farms and hunting land so I am oftentimes out of the truck walking around different properties and want to have protection from typical Arkansas critters in the spring and summer. The Glock is my concealed choice, and I carry it at 5 o'clock because I am right handed and it fits well back there, but I wouldn't need to keep it there while riding around in the truck or Honda though, just somewhere easily accessible.

Does anyone use the magnets for revolver-type weapons? Not as much flat surface to stick to on them.

Waist, shoulder and thigh holsters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
Kenai chest holster or Man Gear Alaska chest holster. Kenai is gun specific, Man Gear is more modular for different weapons.Check out thei websites for details. Weapon always on my body.

Reactions: JTW and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kenai chest holster or Man Gear Alaska chest holster. Kenai is gun specific, Man Gear is more modular for different weapons.Check out thei websites for details. Weapon always on my body.
I am guessing you like the Kenai holster. I have thought that to be a interesting design with definite advantages in the backcountry wheeling or backpacking

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been carrying for decades. The ONLY place to carry is on your person. I have a Galco paddle for several of my sidearms. I can position it wherever I need it.
works great, and there is never any question where it is.. it's right where it's supposed to be.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On me person. Who's that?
IMG 1452

J

JTW

I am guessing you like the Kenai holster. I have thought that to be a interesting design with definite advantages in the backcountry wheeling or backpacking
I like the look and idea but I’d have to carry one for a while.. I can see some disadvantages but it’s completly task specific and I’d say it does that well.

Reactions: Vaden01
advertisement
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
Its a great setup for sure but i usually use the Man Gear more. Fits alot of different firearms.

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
I like the look and idea but I’d have to carry one for a while.. I can see some disadvantages but it’s completly task specific and I’d say it does that well.
I have honestly found zero disadvantages using this carry option thus far. Great for riding, hunting etc. Not my EDC option of course. Lol

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I have honestly found zero disadvantages using this carry option thus far. Great for riding, hunting etc. Not my EDC option of course. Lol
Yeah.. that was my thought. As we are hiking through Yellowstone and the Tetons I can’t imagine how that would have gone over.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is how I carry out in bear country with a chesty puller rig from simply rugged. Very comfortable
Agreed. I have a Galco Miami Classic that I love.. I carried my P229 in it for years. I know you can change out the holster... I just need to get one for a 1911..
Very, very comfy. the belt strap is a MUST though.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
LOL ....... not even POSSIBLE. Very few of my guns are UNloaded, and NONE of them are locked. There is not enough room on my body to carry all of them ...... hahaha.

LOL! Agreed! When at home, all bets are off!

While traveling? Better have it on your person.

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Recently just received a Charles Daly Honcho from my father n law. I had been wanting a self defense type shotgun to start carrying in my 1000-3 being that I explore alone quite a bit. Now that I have one, trying to find a good safe way to pack it around in my sxs has become a problem. Would like to have it mounted in a way for quick & easy access, but also out of the way. Any suggestions would be greatful...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!