P500 placement of 3" black pipe......"SNORKEL".....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a question for all of you that are snorkeled, I am not so I don't really know the answer but with the snorkel tube facing to the front don't you ingest a lot more dust than facing it aft? I see the reason for front facing but we ride in a lot of very dusty places and it seems like you would have to clean the air filter after every use or 2.

Facing it to the rear is proper, IMO.

Reactions: Chooglin
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Facing it to the rear is proper, IMO.
HaHa...
Facing front...
is Rocmar...
Did it my way...
just like you done yours..
your way
Proper....no Fun...
IMHO...

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a question for all of you that are snorkeled, I am not so I don't really know the answer but with the snorkel tube facing to the front don't you ingest a lot more dust than facing it aft? I see the reason for front facing but we ride in a lot of very dusty places and it seems like you would have to clean the air filter after every use or 2.
Actually...watch some dusty riding vids
Dust..is everywhere..
anyplace other than...HONDA'S
placement..is an improvement
mines for the kool factor...which
half of accessories. ..are
manual reads..very dusty conditions
every 10 hrs
My real air..comes from inside
cab... 20180311 120041

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yours is in the cab so you may not have the dust problem, might be loud though.
I got tunes....
intake...4"
From soundbar...
Soundbar wins...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Actually...watch some dusty riding vids
Dust..is everywhere..
anyplace other than...HONDA'S
placement..is an improvement
mines for the kool factor...which
half of accessories. ..are
manual reads..very dusty conditions
every 10 hrs
My real air..comes from inside
cab...View attachment 68470
Reminds me of a song called Free Air, then comes the rain, second phrase,great song.
Yeah....it's all good
Didn't do it...to please
them...
That was for Trigger!

advertisement
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not ripping on your mod! Alan asked the question 'if building a snorkel should you face it forward or rear'. I said rear in my opinion, that was all. o_O
I would like to think rear facing is more ideal as well. Its not forcing air in from the dust cloud in front if you are not the leader. And theoretically if its placed right i would think airflow over the machine would help keep the actual intake air out of the dirty airstream.. but what do i know, im no scientist.o_O

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not ripping on your mod! Alan asked the question 'if building a snorkel should you face it forward or rear'. I said rear in my opinion, that was all. o_O
It's all good..

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I used one of these on my snokel as a prefilter. It helps alot and fits perfect on 2" pvc.
View attachment 68498
Agree with @GlockMeister ! I run the K&N as a prefilter and clean it after every dusty ride and it has payed for itself in extending factory filter replacement requirement and is easy to access!;)

Now for the comment on the Red glow from the pipe...Bad Ass! Looks cool as hell with the upper green lights! One of a kind look! Are your LEDs waterproof for riding in the rain @rocmar o_O

953D3C53 4BBC 4FAB A7C3 CCDEB76F5E4D

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Agree with @GlockMeister ! I run the K&N as a prefilter and clean it after every dusty ride and it has payed for itself in extending factory filter replacement requirement and is easy to access!;)

Now for the comment on the Red glow from the pipe...Bad Ass! Looks cool as hell with the upper green lights! One of a kind look! Are your LEDs waterproof for riding in the rain @rocmar o_O

View attachment 68502
Thanks. ..
...yes they are waterproof
great idea...for the pre filter
from Glock....

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm no expert in aerodynamics or air flow, but just thinking about back windows of all vehicles, but especially vans/suv's getting caked in dust from dirt road driving I don't think it matters if you face it forward or backwards. Forward creates a bit of a ram air affect, but backwards creates a low pressure suction. If they are both in dust filled air I think the end result is similar. Honestly kind of makes me want to have my kiddo turn this into a science project for next year.

In the meantime, prefilters for the win?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!