P1 P2

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is what I came up with...
I wanted to create something that had minimal impact on the existing plastics and be adaptable for future mods. I was having a hard to drilling and cutting into the brand new machine! Looking back after chopping the top and all it has been through, it is not that big of deal now.

20180225 174005 20180203 211545 20180225 174049

Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I wish I had the capability to wrap my hear around this. Everytime I read a thread on this , it hurts my brain. So not good at picturing or knowing where to even START. I need wiring for dummies and elementary instructions on how to complete..ugh

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man I wish I had the capability to wrap my hear around this. Everytime I read a thread on this , it hurts my brain. So not good at picturing or knowing where to even START. I need wiring for dummies and elementary instructions on how to complete..ugh

Really pretty easy just wire ur batteries parallel
Which means pos+ to pos+ negative - to negative-
U can also add a battery isolater so ur main battery will not get discharged if u have lights and etc running i dont have a good picture at the moment but the isolater is wired in to either battery u can do it and yes i agree some times hard to tell were all the wires are going in a picture lol

Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really pretty easy just wire ur batteries parallel
Which means pos+ to pos+ negative - to negative-
U can also add a battery isolater so ur main battery will not get discharged if u have lights and etc running i dont have a good picture at the moment but the isolater is wired in to either battery u can do it and yes i agree some times hard to tell were all the wires are going in a picture lol
thanks, its more trying to figure out "buss bar", "battery isolators", fuse block, then wiring all accessories to switch and such..heads spinning just thinking about it..lol

Reactions: Trueblood85
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes it can be confusing but take ur time there are lots of good videos on the tube but first thing is get ur isolater installed i will get the xact wiring on mine tomorrow and post back and ur accessories are wired to ur second battery and or fuse block figure out if u want accessories to come on with key on or off will be one of ur decisions
Hope this makes sense

Reactions: Rbol121
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My advice is to wire it ALL at the same time. I added one switch at a time and now I probably have twice as many wires back and forth to the switch panel than needed if I planned it all out ahead of time. I'm (half) tempted to start over from scratch when it gets warmer out. But then why bother if everything is working the way I wanted it. If there is a problem later, it'll be hard to trouble shoot.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Still havent got around to cleaning mine up. Maybe someday

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P1000 - Under hood wire management
Read the links in here. Good info to make a system from scratch. It explains relays and how they work, switches, fuse box, buss bars, resources for connectors, switches wires etc. You don't have to go crazy like that but lots of good info.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DA67C218 CB06 4B10 BB24 39A6DD961B73
As u can see here in the picture two large red wires both come off of the isolater going to each postive post on each battery then run ground from isolater to battery

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!