RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DIY - Build and install a Bussmann RTMR Fuse/Relay Block

How To Wire A Boat | Beginners Guide With Diagrams | New Wire Marine

@Rbol121 - read the info at the how to wire a boat link... it explains all the things you are trying to understand nicely with a definition of every component and explains the function and generally includes a circuit diagram to help picture what is being done.

Lots of good info here... but most important... know your limitations. If you need help on it, get someone who knows how to do it to help you.

Good luck!

FredD

Last edited:
Reactions: DFWJ and Rbol121
H

Hammer21

Mar 7, 2019
Northern MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Still havent got around to cleaning mine up. Maybe someday

I asked this on your youtube video has well, sorry, but:

Great video. I do have a question. On your 100 amp disconnect, you have power coming in from your winch solenoid. What is the other 6 ga wire connecting in at the same terminal? Also on the disconnect, what is the small 16 ga wire coming out of the terminal with the 6 ga wire going to your stinger? Thanks in advance!

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I asked this on your youtube video has well, sorry, but:

Great video. I do have a question. On your 100 amp disconnect, you have power coming in from your winch solenoid. What is the other 6 ga wire connecting in at the same terminal? Also on the disconnect, what is the small 16 ga wire coming out of the terminal with the 6 ga wire going to your stinger? Thanks in advance!

at the disconnect, the wires coming in are from the second battery and from the winch. Instead of trying to get the winch power from the battery terminal im getting it from there.

Im trying to recall what i have the 16ga wire going to. I think its for my Radio which had an inline fuse and wanted constant power available to it

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing fancy as I was in a hurry to get it ready for big ride this weekend but it works. I will do complete rewire in winter including adding fuse block and switch panel.

3ED4BF06 5B35 489E A899 45809E526ADF 959FD586 5D41 473F B1B4 EC8F154AD88F

Reactions: rudd
H

Hammer21

Mar 7, 2019
Northern MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
at the disconnect, the wires coming in are from the second battery and from the winch. Instead of trying to get the winch power from the battery terminal im getting it from there.

Im trying to recall what i have the 16ga wire going to. I think its for my Radio which had an inline fuse and wanted constant power available to it

Thank you my friend! You have a heck of a great setup!

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you my friend! You have a heck of a great setup!
Thanks, I cant take the credit as there was a lot of help from members of this forum

advertisement
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Where are you getting the wires that go from stinger to relay? Prefab or did you make your own and if so, what gage?

I believe it was this wire from Amazon - 8 ga. You can probably find some cheaper, but I'd used this brand before and like how flexible it is.

T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
So I’m an idiot when it comes to wiring. I have the second battery wired with isolator. Winch coming in after it then the stinger and on to the fuse block. All that works great. I’m trying to wire a boss radio and it say to connect the acc wire to a key on power source. What should I connect to? Yes I’ve read a ton of posts. Still having trouble finding a definite answer. Thanks

512D3754 FD35 48A3 8DD8 A3E0D21932FB

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So I’m an idiot when it comes to wiring. I have the second battery wired with isolator. Winch coming in after it then the stinger and on to the fuse block. All that works great. I’m trying to wire a boss radio and it say to connect the acc wire to a key on power source. What should I connect to? Yes I’ve read a ton of posts. Still having trouble finding a definite answer. Thanks

View attachment 125819
It looks as tho you have not finished wireing the stinger. Is that correct?

Assuming you plan to trigger it with a switch? If so. Any constant positive after the stinger will work as a replacement for that key-on wire.

Uness you really want it on a true key-on source. If so. Tie into the ACC (cig) scoket wire.

Ok. Let me know if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tsmith239
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok i will try to explain how mine is wired run power to a three pole switch one will say accessories one will say power the other ground
Run power to the switch from ur second battery to the power on ur switch

Run ur fuse block to as the accessory on the switch this lets u control it and also what ever other accessories u may want to add later with out overloading the factory fuse block

Whatever ur accessories are will go directly to the fuse block and u can control the block as u want now keep in mind each accessory will need its own switch say like a light bar to control them separately this will also allow u to run things without the rig running

Hope this help im not much good at explaining

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You want the radio on when you flip the switch. Yes?

Wire it to anything after the stinger.
Ex. A low amp fuse maybe.

T

Tsmith239

Sep 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
It looks as tho you have not finished wireing the stinger. Is that correct?

Assuming you plan to trigger it with a switch? If so. Any constant positive after the stinger will work as a replacement for that key-on wire.

Uness you really want it on a true key-on source. If so. Tie into the ACC (cig) scoket wire.

Ok. Let me know if that makes sense.

You are correct. I’m waiting on the switch to come in for the stinger. So after I install that the fuse block is a a key on Accessory correct? Switch comes in tomorrow so hopefully everything will be up and running

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes.
When they say "key-on" they just mean switched power. The key is the switch in that case.

I did the winch contactor control wire to true key-on. That's because I only want the winch to work when the machine is running. Winch main power still comes from the second battery.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
Thank you to everyone that contributed to my project. Not pretty but It sure works. 46ae8fa66da8d463c0aa16a13a8a19a5

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s what counts it “works” for u and there’s many ways to do the wiring now go have some fun

Reactions: TripleB
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
DIY - Build and install a Bussmann RTMR Fuse/Relay Block

How To Wire A Boat | Beginners Guide With Diagrams | New Wire Marine

@Rbol121 - read the info at the how to wire a boat link... it explains all the things you are trying to understand nicely with a definition of every component and explains the function and generally includes a circuit diagram to help picture what is being done.

Lots of good info here... but most important... know your limitations. If you need help on it, get someone who knows how to do it to help you.

Good luck!

FredD

This should be a pinned reference article. Excellent information. Thanks!

Reactions: RedFred1
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!