Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want to do multi color on my ride. I am going to do grey with black highlights.

Will the blue masking tape work?

Based on advice here I plan to paint everything grey first. Then I will mask, paint, and peel as quick as I can.

Any advice beyond that?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Use 3m 1/4"transparent green fine line available at auto paint stores as well. Mask off areas then use that on the edges on top so you can pull it while paint is still pretty wet. You get a better edge and don't need to take the rest off till after. Pull it straight back as close to 180deg as you can. Remember you cannot put tape directly over Plasti-dip as it'll peel blue might work but "pant leg" it first run the sticky side across your leg sticky side down.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm Nervous
I'm gonna screw this up.
@Gator just do it:) if you don't like the results it comes right back off. I probably explained too much again I'm bad about that but I'm an auto painter and was trying to give you the best results. Go do it and have fun!

Reactions: Stauvo
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I definitely didn't mean to add pressure:) I was just giving friendly advice just do it! It's your rig customize it how YOU want it. Make it yours. Have some fun and if worried play with it prior on something else as a test piece.

Reactions: Stauvo and sharp
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fruits nothin! I want that sandwich in your picture! Lol
That is a photo of me holding a real Mufuletta sandwich made at the Central Grocery Store in New Orleans last spring. It's my favorite sandwich! But i live in Minnesota and am getting very close in duplicating the olive mix to create my own. :)

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We brought our daughter down to an externship in Alabama and took the opportunity to visit the city. My 14 yr old son plays the blues on guitar and loved the shows. It was a great experience to see the Mississippi at the south end. We love the South.:)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just have to mention the Zapp's potato chips that are awesome and made there. Ok i have highjacked this long enough. My appologies. :) I need a plane ticket south.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Back on topic... I painted mine charcoal gray this weekend. I love it. Now I want a decal.

I had so much going on I got away from the house without a photo. I'll post one next week.

I know...... "Without pictures, it didn't happen"

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!