Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trig, I run the same Plow setup and I’d buy another in a heartbeat. I have used mine enough that my cutting edge is noticeably worn. The only problem I’ve had is the Plow shoes fall out. They spin and break off the retaining pin. Had that happen a few times. I even had to buy a spare set since I lost both at different time. Luckily I found them when the snow melted. Kfi stuff is built right, designed right and high quality! I love how the push tube is extra long so u can pile snow up very deep. If I had doors and heat on my machine I could Plow all night with it. The 500 is such a hard working machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah KFI is doing it right, good people to deal with too. Ordered everything I needed with one call. It wasn't cheap but the good sh** never is and plowing was the main purpose for buying my P5. Been using mine for 3 yrs, it's been flawless and moved lots of snow! No lost shoes yet and a good portion of my driveway is crushed stone...
Ya know, I've heard tales of people stealing random sh** off of sxs's down there in PA? :D

Reactions: ehart814 and Caper
lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
We've got about 4 to 5 inches so far. That's the most we've seen at one time in about 5 years.
20190112 161207 HDR

DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Some of our brothers to the south have been asking for a video of the P5 plowing snow. Made one a couple years ago but it was like 2" of slush. This is 4" to 6" of heavy crap that fell this morning and now round two has just started. Ugh!
Keep in mind when you see the wheels spinning that's only because there is 2" of solid ice under this snow, some saw that pic in the weather thread a couple days ago.

IM in Michigan as well... Took my LiL Beast out for some fun today... What a great machine!!!
ON the Rifle River in Sterling...

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 108618

Only have a 48" plow, I've got to weld some steal on the ends to make it wider.
How much wider should I go ?

Mine’s a KFI 66” wide and I love it, also bought a plough pulley that mounts to front of winch that winch line runs over. This really saves winch line wear. Can you just purchase a new wider blade and use the same mount, might be less hassle? Then again if you hardly get snow, put the dough into other stuff?

Reactions: lwhite571 and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How easily can these plow set ups be dropped if you decide to go trail riding??

Reactions: Caper
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
How easily can these plow set ups be dropped if you decide to go trail riding??
I have a 66" KFI and take it off quite often. I found that it is easiest to do if had put the blade on a couple of short planks when I had dropped it off: not only does it not freeze to the ground, but I can move it easily if needed to line up the pins.

On a rating of 1 (easiest) to 10, I give it a 3

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 66" KFI and take it off quite often. I found that it is easiest to do if had put the blade on a couple of short planks when I had dropped it off: not only does it not freeze to the ground, but I can move it easily if needed to line up the pins.

On a rating of 1 (easiest) to 10, I give it a 3
Aaa, northern Ontario. Yeah you probably get a little snow. One more Canadian. That’s great. I have a friend that lived in Dryden for a couple years. 20 years ago. Talk about weather. Haha
Caper

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thing I like about the KFI is the blade mount is bolted to front of machine (and left on) and not underneath. So you don’t loose clearance. I’ve only hooked one rock (at speed), with old suspension compressed hard and pranged one of the tabs. Bit of hammer message and is like new. I’d buy KFI again for sure. Like noted above store on skids, to install pull up close, hook winch and use winch to fine tune for pin placement.
cheers,
j

lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
Mine’s a KFI 66” wide and I love it, also bought a plough pulley that mounts to front of winch that winch line runs over. This really saves winch line wear. Can you just purchase a new wider blade and use the same mount, might be less hassle? Then again if you hardly get snow, put the dough into other stuff?
Lol

Reactions: Caper
T

Two_Dogs

Nov 29, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Some of our brothers to the south have been asking for a video of the P5 plowing snow. Made one a couple years ago but it was like 2" of slush. This is 4" to 6" of heavy crap that fell this morning and now round two has just started. Ugh!
Keep in mind when you see the wheels spinning that's only because there is 2" of solid ice under this snow, some saw that pic in the weather thread a couple days ago.

I couldn't get the iPhone video to upload, so you get a picture. 5 month old P500 with 60" KFI plow clearing a 110 foot driveway in Northern Utah. I don't push into the road, but do turn around in the road and push back into the ditch. So far the only problem has been the Warn wench strap stitching pulled apart at the hook pushing heavy wet snow. I tied the strap off and kept on plowing. Love the 60" plow set up on the p500. She replaced a 15 year old 27" Craftsman snow thrower. My snow removal time has been more than cut in half and the fun factor increased by over 100%.

P500 w KFI 60 Plow

renosxs

renosxs

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2017
reno, nv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About a foot of snow in Reno, NV. The video is the front mounted GoPro on 2016 p1000-5 with 72” warn plow, standard Honda configuration. Changed to a plastic scrapper since I have pavers, minimizes wear on the driveway. Video starts a bit slow, you can skip the first minute or so. Very happy with the performance so far.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I couldn't get the iPhone video to upload, so you get a picture. 5 month old P500 with 60" KFI plow clearing a 110 foot driveway in Northern Utah. I don't push into the road, but do turn around in the road and push back into the ditch. So far the only problem has been the Warn wench strap stitching pulled apart at the hook pushing heavy wet snow. I tied the strap off and kept on plowing. Love the 60" plow set up on the p500. She replaced a 15 year old 27" Craftsman snow thrower. My snow removal time has been more than cut in half and the fun factor increased by over 100%.

View attachment 109529
I’ll get the 60”. And yeah I’ve tried to download from my iPhone too. I guess I’ll have to use my go pro.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
About a foot of snow in Reno, NV. The video is the front mounted GoPro on 2016 p1000-5 with 72” warn plow, standard Honda configuration. Changed to a plastic scrapper since I have pavers, minimizes wear on the driveway. Video starts a bit slow, you can skip the first minute or so. Very happy with the performance so far.

Yeah that works nice. Do you have a locker. And now all your neighbors are going to expect you to do that all the time. Haha. Looks like a beautiful day.
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!