P1000 Plug for power off cigarette lighter

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the plug to hook to back of cigarette lighter that will give me a power wire under my hood I cannot get plug loose off back of cigarette lighter I cannot see plug from inside of hood but can feel it. Is there something I should do to remove the plug. I cannot feel a tab that should be pushed down to release it.

J

JTW

I have the plug to hook to back of cigarette lighter that will give me a power wire under my hood I cannot get plug loose off back of cigarette lighter I cannot see plug from inside of hood but can feel it. Is there something I should do to remove the plug. I cannot feel a tab that should be pushed down to release it.
Keep feeling.. there’s a tab on it. You should be able to see it front the passenger side wheel well

M

Mobius396

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2019
Muskego, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I felt my way through it from the top too. Then a couple weeks later I was putting my winch on and realized you could clearly see it from the passenger side wheel well. Kind of a dumb ass moment for me.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yeah I felt my way through it from the top too. Then a couple weeks later I was putting my winch on and realized you could clearly see it from the passenger side wheel well. Kind of a dumb ass moment for me.
Take the wheel off the passanger side so you can sit up in the wheel well. You can get it that way.
From that location. The tap is on the drivers side of the plug. Look at the plug you have to see how it works.

Reactions: TripleB and JTW
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take the wheel off the passanger side so you can sit up in the wheel well. You can get it that way.
From that location. The tap is on the drivers side of the plug. Look at the plug you have to see how it works.
Ok. Thank you I will give that a try tomorrow.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!