P1000 (POLL) Winch remote plug locations suggestions...?

Winch Remote plug locations...

• Total voters
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got one of these kits in over the weekend. Going to install this week. I kept seen you guys use them when we were at Takeover and for the price why not

Seal the seams with silicone, I forgot my first one died from pressure washing near it.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can install that on a non warn product , I assume so but just wanted to ask
Yes you can.

I had a cheap one on one of my fourwheelers but it got wet and didn't last long. Like ohana said I probably should've put some silicone in it. You can also buy 4 or 5 for the price of the warn. I just didn't want to have to wire in a new one when it failed. I like to buy once cry once. Warn Probably spends $5 dollars more to make theirs better and charges you $60 more for it. I've installed the warn on 3 machines and they've never failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seal the seams with silicone, I forgot my first one died from pressure washing near it.
Is that on the black box under the hood? Will do.

Yes you can.

I had a cheap one on one of my fourwheelers but it got wet and didn't last long. Like ohana said I probably should've put some silicone in it. You can also buy 4 or 5 for the price of the warn. I just didn't want to have to wire in a new one when it failed. I like to buy once cry once. Warn Probably spends $5 dollars more to make theirs better and charges you $60 more for it. I've installed the warn on 3 machines and they've never failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I looked at that one and I will give the cheap one a chance - just due to price difference but if it fails...

Also to answer original question I currently have the wired remote plug under the headlight switch to the left of the driver. Figured that would give me most cord should I need to use outside the Honda. I also have a rocker switch on the panel and while I use it the most I will probably remove it once the wireless is up and working. I don't like having to work the wheel with one hand and the rocker with the other when I have to use the winch to get out of something. At takeover I ended up using the wired remote so that I could keep both hands on the wheel (somewhat) and that worked better than having to lean over and take right hand off wheel to activate rocker.

I forget who but someone gave their wireless remote to another outside the Honda so that they could concentrate on the driving while someone else activated their winch. I just found that using the rocker to activate the winch and concentrating on the wheel and gas is a lot like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that on the black box under the hood? Will do.

I looked at that one and I will give the cheap one a chance - just due to price difference but if it fails...

Also to answer original question I currently have the wired remote plug under the headlight switch to the left of the driver. Figured that would give me most cord should I need to use outside the Honda. I also have a rocker switch on the panel and while I use it the most I will probably remove it once the wireless is up and working. I don't like having to work the wheel with one hand and the rocker with the other when I have to use the winch to get out of something. At takeover I ended up using the wired remote so that I could keep both hands on the wheel (somewhat) and that worked better than having to lean over and take right hand off wheel to activate rocker.

I forget who but someone gave their wireless remote to another outside the Honda so that they could concentrate on the driving while someone else activated their winch. I just found that using the rocker to activate the winch and concentrating on the wheel and gas is a lot like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.

The wireless receiver

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I located the plug connection just below the windshield outside the vehicle, centered. This way I can see what's happening from either side and able to operate the remote safely off to the side in-case something comes loose.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!