P1000 (POLL) Winch remote plug locations suggestions...?

Winch Remote plug locations...

• Total voters
J

JTW

Can somebody take a pic of how they wired their wireless winch? I hooked mine up and the box would click but nothing happened on the winch. I wired mine to the solenoid for the winch.. correct?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

Jshell3

Can somebody take a pic of how they wired their wireless winch? I hooked mine up and the box would click but nothing happened on the winch. I wired mine to the solenoid for the winch.. correct?

Watch the last 45 sec, specifically. (For the hook up)

This is one of our members, too!
@CptOvo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trigger and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It gets power from the upper terminals on power in and switched power goes into same inputs the the dash switch goes into

Reactions: JTW
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I put the plug for the remote in the glove box. I plow snow in the winter months and like to have the remove in my hand. During the summer months I take the remote out and use a switch in the switch panel.

Reactions: Jshell3
UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer put it in the glovebox ... works for me. No switch or wireless ... hard wired corded controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

I got this jewel in today...

advertisement
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Depends how much winching you do, for me winching out of ditches or stuck situation the stock battery has never been a problem, by all means put in a volt gauge so you can watch your voltage I had to take a short break already to leave the battery charge a little but not long at all and it was good to leave the winch rest a little.

If you are going to do hard core winching by all mean put the second battery in but for me I don't use my winch enough to bother with the extra battery.

T

Tomy

Feb 12, 2018
Needles
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Far left dash ,bought switch but to easy to mess up

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed this...

https://www.amazon.com/Warn-90288-Wireless-Remote-ATV/dp/B00D61PXA2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

And a rocker on the dash. If I am winching from outside the machine why do I want to be attached? I can winch from 50 ft away and not have to walk or stand in the mud while its' pulling itself out. It's also really nice when I drag a deer out of a ditch I can walk to the bottom, hook up the deer, and the winch pulls me and the deer up the hill.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is a second battery necessary when installing a winch? Also I like the wireless remote as you can hand feed the cable back in by yourself

great point. I recommend the Odessey AGM battery

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Ragnar406 and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed this...

https://www.amazon.com/Warn-90288-Wireless-Remote-ATV/dp/B00D61PXA2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

And a rocker on the dash. If I am winching from outside the machine why do I want to be attached? I can winch from 50 ft away and not have to walk or stand in the mud while its' pulling itself out. It's also really nice when I drag a deer out of a ditch I can walk to the bottom, hook up the deer, and the winch pulls me and the deer up the hill.
Can install that on a non warn product , I assume so but just wanted to ask

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!