P700 Poly or Steel Plow wear bar?

z4abraha

z4abraha

Jun 5, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all,

Just joined the forum and have been searching around but haven't found anything regarding poly vs. steel plow wear bars. I plan on getting the Denali 72" plow. It comes with 2 steel wear bars but I can buy a poly wear bar for an extra $100 or so.

My wife and I just moved to a new house and it has a large driveway that's all sealed asphalt. This will be my first winter working a plow and I'd like to keep the driveway in as good of shape as possible.

Does anyone have experience with one versus the other? I'm ok with spending the extra money on a poly blade if it will save on the upkeep of the driveway.

z4abraha

z4abraha

Jun 5, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just a quick update for anyone that may have a similar question.

I ended up buying the 72” Denali plow and hardware from the HondaSXS store (GREAT BUYING EXPERIENCE, I’D HIGHLY RECOMMEND). I also ended up splurging on the poly blade made by Denali.

I just had a chance to use it earlier this week for the first time with 4” of heavy, wet, snow fall. I can’t speak to longevity yet, but the plow and blade performed flawlessly! The poly blade is very quiet and appears to be gentle on our sealed asphalt.

I’ll report back if there are any issues down the road. For now I’m one extremely happy customer!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey. Thanks for the mention.
Would like to see a pic of your setup when u get time.

Also sorry I missed this thread back in june. Not sure how I let it slip by.

Ya. The poly blade is needed if you dont want to scratch up your pavement. Its reversible so you get twice the use. Down side is does ware faster but should last a full season in even the most showy areas.

Thanks.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Poly, quieter and safe for pavers

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Bought this and love it. 38eed12a94f9b53a0b64d95cfb6f2c2f

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here's a cheap fix for snow plowing.

Go to a gravel pit and get some used conveyor belt, usually free. Cut the belt to the length of your steel cutter bar. Cut the width to about 12". Remove your steel cutter bar and attach, with 1/2" longer bolts two pieces of your cut conveyor belt. You will need a drill for the bolt holes in the conveyor belt. The belt should be positioned so it is centered on the steel cutter bar. This positioning will give you a very heavy duty rubber cutter that will squeegee your driveway, allow you to push snow out over your lawn without rolling the sod with a steel bar, eliminate wear on the plows skid shoes and make your life easier!. Also, after years of use, you just flip the rubber to get many more years of use. Should you want to do dirt pushing, just remove the rubber conveyor belt and go push dirt with your steel bar.

You say this won't work. Nah!! Been using this system on my John Deere Garden tractor plow for the last 23 yrs. It has worked great and I have replaced the rubber only once after flipping it. The rubber will not damage your yard, will not tear up your blacktop drive, rides great over uneven cement. I have never in 23yrs replaced the skid shoes on the plow as they never touch the ground, but are there if needed.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Go to a gravel pit and get some used conveyor belt, usually free. Cut the belt to the length of your steel cutter bar. Cut the width to about 12". Remove your steel cutter bar and attach, with 1/2" longer bolts two pieces of your cut conveyor belt. You will need a drill for the bolt holes in the conveyor belt. The belt should be positioned so it is centered on the steel cutter bar. This positioning will give you a very heavy duty rubber cutter that will squeegee your driveway, allow you to push snow out over your lawn without rolling the sod with a steel bar, eliminate wear on the plows skid shoes and make your life easier!. Also, after years of use, you just flip the rubber to get many more years of use. Should you want to do dirt pushing, just remove the rubber conveyor belt and go push dirt with your steel bar.

You say this won't work. Nah!! Been using this system on my John Deere Garden tractor plow for the last 23 yrs. It has worked great and I have replaced the rubber only once after flipping it. The rubber will not damage your yard, will not tear up your blacktop drive, rides great over uneven cement. I have never in 23yrs replaced the skid shoes on the plow as they never touch the ground, but are there if needed.
That's just plain smart!

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

I've had one of these on my Warn ProVantage blade on my Grizzly 700 for years! I put this one on my buddy's Grizzly a few years back:

Screenshot 20211202 192205 Dropbox

It works exactly as @KevP700-4 described.

if you want to skip the gravel pit and have a precut piece shipped directly to your door, here you go:

Steven will take care of you pronto.

I have no affiliation with him/them other than being a very satisfied repeat customer.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!