P1000 Portal axle nut question

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those who are running portals with rhino axles I just took my cap off and found metal shavings where the axle nut is rubbing the cap has anyone experienced this?

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I've seen that once or twice before. No idea why it happens. SUPER rare, but I've seen it a couple times. Maybe the gear was put in backwards? Not sure, but that could effect how much of that splined end is in the box. Its not really going to hurt anything. I have one buddy in Utah that has one on his Ranger that does it, but he has thousands of miles on the same boxes and axles, and never had an issue. Its already clearanced itself at this point, so I'd just clean it out good and put some fresh oil in there and run it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've seen that once or twice before. No idea why it happens. SUPER rare, but I've seen it a couple times. Maybe the gear was put in backwards? Not sure, but that could effect how much of that splined end is in the box. Its not really going to hurt anything. I have one buddy in Utah that has one on his POO POO FIRE TRAP that does it, but he has thousands of miles on the same boxes and axles, and never had an issue. Its already clearanced itself at this point, so I'd just clean it out good and put some fresh oil in there and run it.
Fixed it for ya! 🥳 😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!