P500 Possible changes for 2017 p5

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
Just wondering. Does anyone think the 2017 pioneer 500 will have significant changes while retaining it's uniqueness? I'm talking about things like diff. lock,maybe a high-low transmission and factory cargo box.I'm not opposed to what we have now but i think it could be tweeked a little. I'm going to buy one but would wait awhile if honda chose to make some changes.

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
I realize this post is very similar to another post. His was asking what changes you would like and pay for. I'm asking if anyone thinks Honda will make changes for the 2017 model.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I realize this post is very similar to another post. His was asking what changes you would like and pay for. I'm asking if anyone thinks Honda will make changes for the 2017 model.

Yes ;)

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
I realize the p5 is just the base model, entry level sxs, but they have to stay competitive. I think they will (or at least should) put a dif lock on it. Even the 400cc kawabunga mule has dif lock. And if they offered the pwr steering as a reasonably priced add on they would bring in even more customers. There will be some folks like me that will opt out on the pwr steering, i will do more putt putting than trail riding, so I can take it or leave it, but guy thats gonna be in that machine all day would opt for the pwr steering.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I think diff lock, bigger tires, and slightly better suspension could be possible. Anything else would prob price it out of its intended entry level market. It really is alot of bang for the buck.

Reactions: Lenny
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I want a glove box. I would give up the passenger cup holder to make it bigger and put the power port in it. It looks from the inside like it was designed to have one. Come on Honda.

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Better suspension. Higher top speed.
Either change transmission or fix the rough intermittent shifting.
Seal the air gap around the 4wd shifter.
And yes a glovebox. Also make the "Honda accessories" fit like they were designed by compenant engineers not a high school shop class.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just wondering. Does anyone think the 2017 pioneer 500 will have significant changes while retaining it's uniqueness? I'm talking about things like diff. lock,maybe a high-low transmission and factory cargo box.I'm not opposed to what we have now but i think it could be tweeked a little. I'm going to buy one but would wait awhile if honda chose to make some changes.
@Lenny welcome, had some similar thoughts in possible sharing features with the ATV side, check this out:
P500 - What you you like to see offered on 2017 P500 and how much would you pay? | The Honda Side by Side Club!

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I think diff lock, bigger tires, and slightly better suspension could be possible. Anything else would prob price it out of its intended entry level market. It really is alot of bang for the buck.
What he said....prices would not have to be too much higher and what a difference it would make....don't want to get too close to the price of the RZR 570 or Ranger 570

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!