P500 2017 P5 fair price

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
I think it’s safe to save to say this p500 has not had an easy life.
The handbook is not going to cover the many options when something breaks.
When someone builds a p500 like this, for the most part they know what to do when something breaks.
The next owner may not know what to do.

Look at P700 : 700-2 value? Post #9.

Good luck in your decision.

Reactions: Morpheus

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
What I’m saying if you love deep mud there is a maintenance price in worn out parts to go along with it,and I suspect this might show up soon on this machine. It would ride nice with those shocks but in the long run it may be big $$$$ In repair costs. The only upgrade to my 12,500 mile 500 is tires and wheels and I wouldn’t trade it for this one.
I understand. What would be the top three things to look at on the machine for wore out parts?

Reactions: Morpheus
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand. What would be the top three things to look at on the machine for wore out parts?

Transmission, clutches, differentials and throw the engine in there for good measure. Then include all driveline components as icing on the cake.

My advice: Don't fall in love with it, as I suspect you may be doing. There are no doubt way better deals that, if not in front of you this minute will be available shortly if you keep looking.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know much about the Honda p500. I would have to brush up on the handbook. I believe I could take care of the maintenance without many issues (last famous words). I don't need a speed demon machine but do wonder how much slower it would be with the gear reduction?
I'm no expert but I tend to think that for the price you could get yourself something either brand new or close to it with some minor upgrades. The way you described how you would use this machine mirrors mine to a point. I would avoid anything with a lot of upgrades. The machine bone stock is very capable and useful and once you have one and get used to it you can customize it to your needs without breaking the bank. Without looking at the machine or seeing it or it's description from the owner I'm speculating. Different strokes for different folks and all that but in my limited experience with ATV/UTV machines when someone has upgrades added the odds of them using them for their intended purpose are very high. Those particular accessories are for mud which is fine but does indeed cause parts to wear out and usually ends up costing more money than getting one new or close to it and customizing it to your needs. Mud running also causes breakdowns. If you aren't a mechanic when you start mudding you become one quickly because the machine is under nearly constant abuse. Just my two cents. Good luck to you and please post back to let us know how it turns out for you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looking at purchasing a 2017 P5 for $9,500. Its a one owner machine. He purchased new mid 2018. It seems high but everything is currently high priced for new or used. It has many options.

Here are some.
Camo P500 with 1691 miles with 325 hours, roof, rear fabric panel, full doors, rear bumper, Walker F&R shocks, Demon F&R axles, torq masters front locker, 20% boss gear reduction, glass windshield, x-bull F&R 4500 winches, F&R led lights, cab cooling fan, roof net, boss speakers, underhood storage box, under seat storage, glove box, 30" blackwater evo tires, STI HD6 14x7 wheels, 32" sludge hammer tires, AMS 14x7 beadlock wheels, side & rear view mirrors, mud buster F&R fender extensions, spare tire and mount, EMP F&R aluminum skid plate, EMP radiator screen kit, tusk power steering, rear storage box, battery relocated in front, DS brake caliper, control arms mounts relocated.

Sorry for the long post but new to P5 and site. Awesome site BTW, lots of good information. Would like to hear everyone's input. Thank you guys/gals so much.
With all those options, it’s a good price….👍

Reactions: jonedmonds
Dave41

Dave41

Jul 17, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder how much this 500 weighs. Even with the gearing change, I would guess it's going to feel underpowered...more than a normal 500. Bring out here to Colorado and let's take it 13000 feet and see how it goes.....

Reactions: Dave75

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!