BOX1

P500 2017 P5 fair price

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Looking at purchasing a 2017 P5 for $9,500. Its a one owner machine. He purchased new mid 2018. It seems high but everything is currently high priced for new or used. It has many options.

Here are some.
Camo P500 with 1691 miles with 325 hours, roof, rear fabric panel, full doors, rear bumper, Walker F&R shocks, Demon F&R axles, torq masters front locker, 20% boss gear reduction, glass windshield, x-bull F&R 4500 winches, F&R led lights, cab cooling fan, roof net, boss speakers, underhood storage box, under seat storage, glove box, 30" blackwater evo tires, STI HD6 14x7 wheels, 32" sludge hammer tires, AMS 14x7 beadlock wheels, side & rear view mirrors, mud buster F&R fender extensions, spare tire and mount, EMP F&R aluminum skid plate, EMP radiator screen kit, tusk power steering, rear storage box, battery relocated in front, DS brake caliper, control arms mounts relocated.

Sorry for the long post but new to P5 and site. Awesome site BTW, lots of good information. Would like to hear everyone's input. Thank you guys/gals so much.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm assuming the shock change was for a smoother ride. I'm no expert on sxs but the P5 checks all the boxes.
Most not all put bigger tires to get though mud. Some do it for looks. Check the brake pads air cleaner and under the seat for mud that they missed cleaning it. Brake pads will be worn bad or like new. If worn bad because of mud like new they was replaced because they wore out.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at purchasing a 2017 P5 for $9,500. Its a one owner machine. He purchased new mid 2018. It seems high but everything is currently high priced for new or used. It has many options.

Here are some.
Camo P500 with 1691 miles with 325 hours, roof, rear fabric panel, full doors, rear bumper, Walker F&R shocks, Demon F&R axles, torq masters front locker, 20% boss gear reduction, glass windshield, x-bull F&R 4500 winches, F&R led lights, cab cooling fan, roof net, boss speakers, underhood storage box, under seat storage, glove box, 30" blackwater evo tires, STI HD6 14x7 wheels, 32" sludge hammer tires, AMS 14x7 beadlock wheels, side & rear view mirrors, mud buster F&R fender extensions, spare tire and mount, EMP F&R aluminum skid plate, EMP radiator screen kit, tusk power steering, rear storage box, battery relocated in front, DS brake caliper, control arms mounts relocated.

Sorry for the long post but new to P5 and site. Awesome site BTW, lots of good information. Would like to hear everyone's input. Thank you guys/gals so much.
It depends on what you want to do with it. If you love riding in mud get it. If you want it for yard work or easy trial riding and hunting,I would look elsewhere.

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Most not all put bigger tires to get though mud. Some do it for looks. Check the brake pads air cleaner and under the seat for mud that they missed cleaning it. Brake pads will be worn bad or like new. If worn bad because of mud like new they was replaced because they wore out.
Thank you for listing a few things to look for. I will definitely check those things out when I look this week. Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: Morpheus and Lady01
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Not it you want a mudder, I guess. Not my thing . . . I'm dull.

Reactions: Lady01

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
It depends on what you want to do with it. If you love riding in mud get it. If you want it for yard work or easy trial riding and hunting,I would look elsewhere.
I plan to do yard work and hunt with it. My daughter's will also be joy riding on the farm. Are you saying the machine wouldn't perform the duties of joy riding and hunting because of the tires or is there something else that stands out?

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Not it you want a mudder, I guess. Not my thing . . . I'm dull.
I don't plan to sink the machine by any means. There are many trails at my hunting club that water will most likely be over the floor but nothing to extreme.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I‘d put 27” tires on it if you get it, but I would also look elsewhere, i wouldn’t want a setup for mud for trails, hunting and putting around. Also I’d talk to a local dealer and see if you can get on a list for new, it’s only $8500 new, well with fees probably closer to that asking price. If your willing to dump another $1500 or $2000 into that one to get it not setup for mud is up to you.

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
I‘d put 27” tires on it if you get it, but I would also look elsewhere, i wouldn’t want a setup for mud for trails, hunting and putting around. Also I’d talk to a local dealer and see if you can get on a list for new, it’s only $8500 new, well with fees probably closer to that asking price. If your willing to dump another $1500 or $2000 into that one to get it not setup for mud is up to you.
I'm afraid of all the delays the dealership are facing. Its seems to be getting worse. Many dealership lots still empty. I don't mind buying used with options. I would sale the tires and change to a smaller size. It's a very stressful decision to make. Thank you for your input.

Reactions: Morpheus and Lady01
Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
It looks like someone did a good job building a p500 for himself, but sounds like you could use a p500 without all the options.

Is this something you could work on yourself or would you need to take it to someone?
This p500 may need more maintenance than a standard p500.

If you put on 27” tires with the 20% gear reduction it’s going to be slower than a standard p500.
The p500/p520 are slow to begin with.

Just something to think about.
If someone wanted to build a p500 like this, than this could be a good p500 for them.

Sep 23, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
It looks like someone did a good job building a p500 for himself, but sounds like you could use a p500 without all the options.

Is this something you could work on yourself or would you need to take it to someone?
This p500 may need more maintenance than a standard p500.

If you put on 27” tires with the 20% gear reduction it’s going to be slower than a standard p500.
The p500/p520 are slow to begin with.

Just something to think about.
If someone wanted to build a p500 like this, than this could be a good p500 for them.
I don't know much about the Honda p500. I would have to brush up on the handbook. I believe I could take care of the maintenance without many issues (last famous words). I don't need a speed demon machine but do wonder how much slower it would be with the gear reduction?

Reactions: Morpheus
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I plan to do yard work and hunt with it. My daughter's will also be joy riding on the farm. Are you saying the machine wouldn't perform the duties of joy riding and hunting because of the tires or is there something else that stands out?
What I’m saying if you love deep mud there is a maintenance price in worn out parts to go along with it,and I suspect this might show up soon on this machine. It would ride nice with those shocks but in the long run it may be big $$$$ In repair costs. The only upgrade to my 12,500 mile 500 is tires and wheels and I wouldn’t trade it for this one.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!