RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Hello everyone.

I am new to the whole working on accessorizing my P500 or any machine that is. I have a couple questions.

First is I am adding a few accessories to the machine (Bluetooth stereo, power steering, heater) and they all need a power source. Is there a power harness I can tap into the power on the machine at the battery and run to a switch plate so I don’t have to run 5 wires back to the battery. Maybe I don’t have to do that anyway as I said I’m learning.

Second is how or where would I mount a switch plate? I know the usual spot is where the warning label is but I’m going to add the glove box there so that will not work. And which switch plate would people recommend?

Thanks in advance for all the help. As is in many of the forums I’m sure some of these questions have been addressed in the past but I haven’t seen what I’m looking for yet.

Thanks in advance.

BC

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: RoadGator916
Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
I too am getting ready to do this. All my accessories will be here this weekend and ready for install (led light bar, winch, power steering, and led backup lights.

I already bought the Honda Accessory harness, now I am trying to figure out how to do the rest. I did find that a few guys are using the Blue Sea fuse box and that seems to be a clean/safe method. Doing it that way, it appears you only have to run one wire back to the battery, and can tie the accessories in at the fuse box. Chooglin did a write up on his install, however I still have some questions on exactly how the wires are run, what size wires, etc. I will only use my accessories with the machine running so I don’t think I need a second battery at this time.

Following to see what everyone else says.

@Chooglin write up below.

P500 - Accessory hookup

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!