P1000 Power On Accessory Question

R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may be a dumb question but I don’t know the answer.

how many taps can I make into the power on accessory wire? Like to power lighted rocker switches.
I expect to have 4-5 and not sure how I should I wire these up.
Only running a single battery.

thanks

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This may be a dumb question but I don’t know the answer.

how many taps can I make into the power on accessory wire? Like to power lighted rocker switches.
I expect to have 4-5 and not sure how I should I wire these up.
Only running a single battery.

thanks
Go to the club store and make life easy for your self all the plug and play stuff you will need.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It can handle up to 15 amps of draw.

Winch would pull very low amount.
Wireless winch control box would be low also.
Switch backlights would low as well.

Question is, how do you plan to power your accessories?

You can run a set of cubes, dome light, a USB port, volt meter, all your switches backlights, switch relay controls, and winch control off that circuit.

R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the plug n play for the cig lighter. And was wondering how many switches I could power off of that.

i plan to hook up the following:
Winch
Fan kit from the club store
Rear led single row bar
Front cubes
Small front led

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need only to use the switched aux power (fuse #5, some tap in under the fuse) to power one or two relays (Bosch 505 or equivalent). Those relays can then be used to provide both switched power and switched ground, as needed, to operate a stinger type relay to switch power to the key-on fuse accessory fuse block, or to provide switched ground to a dual voltmeter or the ground side of switch illumination etc.

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the plug n play for the cig lighter. And was wondering how many switches I could power off of that.

i plan to hook up the following:
Winch
Rear led single row bar
Front cubes
Small front led
Oh and for the power, was going to go to the battery. Just use the accessory for switch power

There are some good wiring diagrams on here and on YouTube. I suggest having a look at those to decide which way you want to go. Are you adding an Aux battery? Winch? Light bar? Do you want to have a stereo available when key-off?

R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are some good wiring diagrams on here and on YouTube. I suggest having a look at those to decide which way you want to go. Are you adding an Aux battery? Winch? Light bar? Do you want to have a stereo available when key-off?

considering adding an alternate battery, I’m guessing that would be a wise idea?

I want the key to have to be on for everything, which will be the following:

Winch
Rear led single row bar
Front cubes
Small front led

thank you guys for the help, don’t want to screw this up and I’m not an electrical guru

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
considering adding an alternate battery, I’m guessing that would be a wise idea?

I want the key to have to be on for everything, which will be the following:

Winch
Rear led single row bar
Front cubes
Small front led

thank you guys for the help, don’t want to screw this up and I’m not an electrical guru
I humbly suggest you do a bit of searching and reading here, that's sure to get you on-course. As an example, there are some things that "many" want to have available without key-on (key on means engine computer stuff is powered up, and if you aren't running the engine, that's a waste). Those back-up light may be convenient to have as work lights or when setting up camp. A radio, if that's in the plan, in nice to have as key-off. Same with a horn, pod-lights also for convenience. The winch, and a wireless controller, is good to have available key-off, in case the engine can't be used to help out.

R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I humbly suggest you do a bit of searching and reading here, that's sure to get you on-course. As an example, there are some things that "many" want to have available without key-on (key on means engine computer stuff is powered up, and if you aren't running the engine, that's a waste). Those back-up light may be convenient to have as work lights or when setting up camp. A radio, if that's in the plan, in nice to have as key-off. Same with a horn, pod-lights also for convenience. The winch, and a wireless controller, is good to have available key-off, in case the engine can't be used to help out.
Fair enough, thank you.
I’ll keep doing some searching.

advertisement
R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok everyone….how does this look? Will it work? Any thoughts on changes?

1524D365 74FB 4741 81E3 8236584D9AEA

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good at first blush. You'll need a switched (key-on) ground for your dual voltmeter. You can get that by adding a small relay triggered from you key-on positive.

R

Ryjohn007

Feb 21, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good at first blush. You'll need a switched (key-on) ground for your dual voltmeter. You can get that by adding a small relay triggered from you key-on positive.

if i buy the kit for the dual battery isolater from the club store thats included isnt it?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!