Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't want to post about this until I figured out the problem.
At random times, random speeds, random temperature, random terrain, and NO codes.
My Honda would just bog, no throttle, and speedometer would flash.
My first thought was injector wires. So I ordered them and now have them on hand.
This afternoon, was giving my normal rider, my dog Tanya, her afternoon ride and it acted up.
Figured I would record the dash and hope to catch it in action.
BINGO! caught the culprit on video.
How often does anyone drive while watching the dash?
Not very often I would suspect, well, I know I don't.
The SEAT BELT light flash was so fast, by the time I would look down at the dash it would be gone, and I would not see it.
Took the seat off, and there was my problem.
When I installed my, Seat Belt Safety XTRA Switches, I didn't think about what I already had in the spot under the seat. I have my tire kit(air compressor and plugs) inside of a small ammo can, and it was rubbing against the xtra seat belt switches that I added.
Flipped the ammo can around, NO MORE PROBLEM...... YEAH!!!!!!
I caused my problem by adding my switches.
But if anyone else has a similar problem, record your dash, and check your seatbelt switch.
Have a good day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!