PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking for one (maybe 2) owners to test a plug-and-play power steering harness that potentially helps eliminate some of the Talon's Power Steering weaknesses.

Criteria to be considered...
  • Located around Salt Lake is preferred but not necessary.
  • Any year/model is acceptable.
  • Have at least 1,000 miles driving your Talon.
  • Rides regularly, preferably at least once a week.
  • Up to 32" tires but not super sticky tires like Roxxzillas.
  • Experiences any (preferably all) of the following...
    • Momentary PS assist loss when the outside front tire is "loaded up" in dirt/sand? That is when you approach a turn and need to suddenly turn but the assist drops out for a second when the weight of the machine shifts to the front outside tire.
    • Excessive "feedback" in the steering wheel when on rough terrain.
    • Steering wheel gets violently jerked out of your hands when you hit an obstacle with one tire.

Disqualifiers...
  • Non-stock suspension geometry caused by lift kits, spring/shock changes and/or increased preload. Shock and spring upgrades are OK as long as stock geometry is maintained. Increased ride height is OK as long as it is caused by bigger tires only. For instance, if you put 32" tires on and your ride height is 2" higher than stock, your geometry is basically stock. If you put 30" tires and your ride height is more than 1" above stock, your geometry is no longer stock.
  • Troq Locker installed. The TL skews the steering assist so at this time, I will not be testing with a TL installed.
  • i4WD bypass that completely disabled/disconnects i4WD. You can have an i4WD override installed but all testing must be done with the regular i4WD switch.
Ask questions about the testing criteria here BUT please DO NOT ask to be a tester in this thread. I will only accept requests to be a tester in a PM as I want to keep the testers anonymous so it doesn't skew the results.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!