P1000 Power steering light?

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I was doing doughnuts in the snow and slide and hit a stump with my front right side tire everything looked fine till I got back in and noticed that the power steering light was on so I turned the pioneer off and back on and haven't seen it since just curious what could have caused it to come on?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I was doing doughnuts in the snow and slide and hit a stump with my front right side tire everything looked fine till I got back in and noticed that the power steering light was on so I turned the pioneer off and back on and haven't seen it since just curious what could have caused it to come on?
A very loose nut behind the wheel?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it came on because you hit that stump.

I'm also going to guess that you jarred the power steering sensor enough with that hit that it set of the sensor light on the dash and when you shut the rig off it reset itself.

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it came on because you hit that stump.

I'm also going to guess that you jarred the power steering sensor enough with that hit that it set of the sensor light on the dash and when you shut the rig off it reset itself.

That's sounds about right

Reactions: Mudwing
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this thread is old but it is the closest I could find to my situation when using the search function so maybe someone can chime in and confirm.

I was in a nasty mud spot with my 22 pioneer 1000-5 and just after getting out I was taking a hard right turn and the steering wheel yanked itself left out of my hands hard and the power steering light came on and I lost power steering. I cycled the ignition and all went back to normal. I assume maybe I hit something under the mud and overloaded the system. I am not sure if the steering has a breaker or something. I was in 4WD not front diff loc 4WD.

Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this thread is old but it is the closest I could find to my situation when using the search function so maybe someone can chime in and confirm.

I was in a nasty mud spot with my 22 pioneer 1000-5 and just after getting out I was taking a hard right turn and the steering wheel yanked itself left out of my hands hard and the power steering light came on and I lost power steering. I cycled the ignition and all went back to normal. I assume maybe I hit something under the mud and overloaded the system. I am not sure if the steering has a breaker or something. I was in 4WD not front diff loc 4WD.
It happens to me every now and then and I’ve put about 3000 miles in it since then, so far so good. I don’t even worry about it anymore lol

Reactions: Robobrainiac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!