highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I wanted to give a big shout out to Erik at PPEI for tuning my N/A Talon transmission and let me test it out for him to provide feedback.

A few of us made a Labor Day ride on the Kisatchie Sandstone Trail yesterday. This was my first real ride with the tune. This thing hooks up now! In dirt my Talon is like a rocket launching! It's much quicker. But I was most surprised in the deep, soft sandy sections at how well it holds a gear and doesn't keep hunting for the right gear. That was definitely an eye opener for me! So much better than stock. I ran in normal A/T mode all day (54 woods miles) with no problems and NEVER touched the paddles. Normally I run in Sport A/T and shift earlier than the computer says to. This tune seems to put the shifts right in the sweet spot for me and how we trail ride fast. This tune completely upgraded my fast trail riding experience! I recommend!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Applied today with PPEI to become a dealer and offer their Talon tunes. Erik has a TON of Talon dyno time under his belt. He is currently tuning turbo Talons for racing up to 250 HP at the wheels!! He tunes Dr. Powersports race talons. They drive from Iowa to Louisiana for Erik to tune the race cars!!

Edit: The drive train has had no problems withstanding that horsepower but the engines don't last. Something about turbo drain and the cylinders. I didn't understand and didn't ask for specifics.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I am setup as a dealer but I don't know how much of this I will sell. You have to provide your VIN number to get the correct tunes. This will be problematic to setup for online purchases.

Reactions: Hondasxs
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I've got this this and an engine tune but haven't had an opportunity to install. Curious if you also had a separate firmware update file that is needed to install before installing your PPEI tune?

Reactions: Remington
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've got this this and an engine tune but haven't had an opportunity to install. Curious if you also had a separate firmware update file that is needed to install before installing your PPEI tune?
Not that I know of. If you contact PPEI talk to Erik. He's the tuner and will help you out.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have, just curious if you had to update your ECU's firmware.