P1000 Problems mounting a SuperATV windscreen

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hey all,

So I pulled the trigger on a 2023 1000-5 Trail, and ordered the SuperATV Maxdrive Power Flip windshield and tinted roof. Just got them today and started with trying to mount the windshield but am having serious problems with the mounts that bolt to the clamps on the top corners of the rollcage. Nothing lines up correctly; when I bolt them to where the cargo nets mounted, then the clamp screw holes don’t line up with the mounts. The clamps also seem too “thick”, like there’s not enough space between the roll cage and the mounts when the mounts are bolted to the cargo net screw holes. I can get all the bolts in loosely, but then the mounts tilt at weird angles and nothing sits flush—the mounts don’t sit flush with the sides of the roll cage where they mount to the cargo net bolt holes, nor do the tops of the mounts sit flush against the clamps. Has anyone else had problems mounting a SuperATV windshield? Is there a design difference between roll cages on the trail/forest vs the other models of P1k? Did something change with the 2023 models? I spent hours on this today and am frustrated beyond belief. Hoping SuperATV can help me figure this out. Otherwise I’m sending everything back and just going with OEM accessories—at least I know those will fit correctly.

IMG 3503 IMG 3504 IMG 3505

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Buddy I hate to say but you might be the first to get one of those maxdrives on here! Might have to wait for @SuperATV to chime in on monday

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Buddy I hate to say but you might be the first to get one of those maxdrives on here! Might have to wait for @SuperATV to chime in on monday
I’m new to the sxs world, didn’t tealize this was a new product. I hate being a guinea pig. This hoses my weekend—I don’t want to undo all the work I’ve done thus far and things are still disassembled, so can’t use the machine. If I have to pull everything off I’ll just box it all and return them, I’m sure as hell not doing this twice.

And the odds of OEM fitment being correct are a hell of a lot better than a 3rd party.

H

HondaTech

The pics on their website don't appear to use those spacers between the clamps.

All the cages are the same, the only thing different on the front half is the mirror mount added in 2022 and the removal of a the upper middle net mount.

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
The pics on their website don't appear to use those spacers between the clamps.

All the cages are the same, the only thing different on the front half is the mirror mount added in 2022 and the removal of a the upper middle net mount.
There aren’t any spacers; the clamps bolt to the roll bar, then the mounts bolt to the clamps above, and to the bolt hole for the cargo net on the side. Unless you’re referring to the SuperATV-branded bolt covers on the clamps, but those don’t interfere with the mounting at all. Leaving them off makes no difference. If you’re referring to something else though, please let me know!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ll just box it all and return them, I’m sure as hell not doing this twice.
Well dont give up! The Japs did that in WWII.
It will all work out. Sometimes you just need to walk away and come back with a fresh mind. It will all work out. I installed one of the first SATV flips on a P1 in 16’ and it was a whore. But I walked away and came back later and 💥 Ya know it all worked out.

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I will say it's not uncommon to get the clamps wrong. Even the non powered version sends people thru a loop.
Is it possible I’m installing them wrong? I’ve tried every which way, have left everything super loose thinking I could roll/slide everything into place, but physics is winning—the angles are all wrong. And just FYI I have a ton of farkling and mechanical experience, so I’m used to having to futz with things, but this is beyond futzing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!