Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is it possible I’m installing them wrong? I’ve tried every which way, have left everything super loose thinking I could roll/slide everything into place, but physics is winning—the angles are all wrong. And just FYI I have a ton of farkling and mechanical experience, so I’m used to having to futz with things, but this is beyond futzing.
Walk away and come back tomorrow!
To your Ton of mechanical experience, Im an HVAC journeyman and a I have to do this too at times. The mind goes into a fog!
IMG 6549

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If I have to pull everything off I’ll just box it all and return them, I’m sure as hell not doing this twice.
Welcome to the forums, @Drew S .

If giving up that quickly is in your nature, perhaps you should leave it stock? LOL - JK. You will definitely have to be patient. And wait for @SuperATV to chime in on this brand new product. It will get sorted out!

See my build thread and you'll understand why your dilemma is a walk in the park compared to some mods.

And the odds of OEM fitment being correct are a hell of a lot better than a 3rd party.
I'll take that bet. How much ya wanna wager? 😄

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You've managed to invent a new word today, @Remington. This one has me perplexed! 😆
GD siri! everytime I correct something she corrects it back like shes speaking North Korean! Ugh…
Im gonna fire here and hire one from Comonawanalaya!

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Welp, after another 10-ish hours of working on it over the weekend, I finally got the the clamps and mounts to bolt to the window in their respective locations, albeit with some pretty significant elbow grease in getting the mount bolts in. However, the window does not fit right. The mounts angle outwards and do not point down in a straight line parallel to the roll cage. They also stick out past the roll cage, so the window does not sit flush with the frame, and the center clamp bolts pull the window into a bowed configuration so the upper small poly panel bows out away from the roll cage on the ends. Since the mounts are angled, I can only get one piston bolt in, and with the other bolt partway in to at least secure the piston to the mount, the piston pushes the bottom of the window open so it doesn't close all the way. I have been in touch with SuperATV and sent them pics of everything but no word back yet.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welp, after another 10-ish hours of working on it over the weekend, I finally got the the clamps and mounts to bolt to the window in their respective locations, albeit with some pretty significant elbow grease in getting the mount bolts in. However, the window does not fit right. The mounts angle outwards and do not point down in a straight line parallel to the roll cage. They also stick out past the roll cage, so the window does not sit flush with the frame, and the center clamp bolts pull the window into a bowed configuration so the upper small poly panel bows out away from the roll cage on the ends. Since the mounts are angled, I can only get one piston bolt in, and with the other bolt partway in to at least secure the piston to the mount, the piston pushes the bottom of the window open so it doesn't close all the way. I have been in touch with SuperATV and sent them pics of everything but no word back yet.
Take your fasteners loose, not off and bolt every thing up, then take a rubber mallet and tap all the fasteners to the point of things lining up then tighten them. Make sure you have the clamps in the right mounting areas. I had mine in the wrong sides. Been there done that.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Perhaps you want to post those additional pictures here. I assume they are after the first few you posted in post #1.

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Perhaps you want to post those additional pictures here. I assume they are after the first few you posted in post #1.
Here ya' go! I took pictures of the front as well, as the windshield doesn't sit on the hood the way it does in SATV's pictures on the product page.

2023 06 26 093926 2023 06 26 093933 2023 06 26 093942 2023 06 26 093951 2023 06 26 093955 2023 06 26 093958 2023 06 26 094010 2023 06 26 094015 2023 06 26 094019 2023 06 26 094031 2023 06 26 094036 2023 06 26 094100 2023 06 26 094115 2023 06 26 094130 2023 06 26 094136 2023 06 26 094139 2023 06 26 094611 2023 06 26 094613

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Take your fasteners loose, not off and bolt every thing up, then take a rubber mallet and tap all the fasteners to the point of things lining up then tighten them. Make sure you have the clamps in the right mounting areas. I had mine in the wrong sides. Been there done that.
I did all that, rubber mallet and all. That was part of the 10-ish hours yesterday. That was how I got the clamps to at least bolt to everything. Tightened, then loosened and rubber mallet-ed again, and repeated that cycle 3 times.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I did all that, rubber mallet and all. That was part of the 10-ish hours yesterday. That was how I got the clamps to at least bolt to everything. Tightened, then loosened and rubber mallet-ed again, and repeated that cycle 3 times.
@SuperATV where are you?

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I'm here! I'm here!!! Had to pick up my kiddo.

They have the P1k with this windshield locked up in the barn out back, so I'll have to go check it out tomorrow. Those are some good pics @Drew S , so that will be helpful when get out to it tomorrow. I'm betting we're just missing something simple, and I'll dig into it when I can go out and get my own pics.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

They have the P1k with this windshield locked up in the barn out back, so I'll have to go check it out tomorrow. Those are some good pics @Drew S , so that will be helpful when get out to it tomorrow. I'm betting we're just missing something simple, and I'll dig into it when I can go out and get my own pics.
Thank you for all you do! I Appreciate You!

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

Thanks so much for your help with this. Let me know if you need other pictures.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!