P1000 Problems mounting a SuperATV windscreen

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I can't find the pio here with the power flip installed, but after looking through your pics...it kinda looks correct. Its not going to form against the cage at the top because it needs that gap to clear when its opened.

Here's a video. The end result looks pretty close to how you have your clamps and everything lined up.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I can't find the pio here with the power flip installed, but after looking through your pics...it kinda looks correct. Its not going to form against the cage at the top because it needs that gap to clear when its opened.

Here's a video. The end result looks pretty close to how you have your clamps and everything lined up.

Wow! That looks like a huge undertaking and I see a new vulgar vocabulary in sight!

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
TL/DR (mostly for @Scoop 🤣): There are known fitment problems with this windshield on 2023 P1K’s. Not every 2023 is affected in the same way, but some definitely are. If you own a 2023, buy at your own risk—you have been warned.

So none of that was my issue, turns out—it was the fitment after all. Watching this video, I did the same procedure when attaching the main mounts, threading the bolt to the cargo net nut in the cage, then threading the M6 and M8 bolts into the cage clamp holes. Even with nothing else attached, I actually had to push pretty hard against the bottom of the mounts to get the slotted holes to line up with the clamp bolt holes, it was NOT at all easy like in the video.

I had an appointment with a SuperATV virtual mechanic today, who saw the binding and how the mounts were skewed at odd angles—and said I’m not the only one one having problems mounting this to a 2023 P1K-5. They’ve had several customers with the same issue, some worse than others, and they don’t know what’s causing it. They tried sending one customer a different set of clamps and mounts but it still didn’t work. Another customer with binding less severe than mine was able to get it to “an acceptable fit” even though it wasn’t as good as the fit on a 2022, but their opinion was that it was clear that mine wouldn’t reach that level. They offered to send me a different set of clamps and mounts but were doubtful it would help, so after discussing options I decided to return it and they’re overnighting me a regular flip up windscreen instead—they’re not seeing any fitment problems with the manual window on a 2023, just the maxdrive windshield.

So if you have a 2023, I’d recommend avoiding this windshield until they have the fitment issues corrected. It might work on your machine, but there’s a decent chance it won’t. It’s a bummer, I was really looking forward to this one, but it is what it is. At least SuperATV took care of me and are getting me a windshield before the holiday, props for that!

On a positive note, I opened up my tinted roof box to begin assembly while waiting for the windscreen to show up—THERE WERE STICKERS!!!!! SICK BRO!!!! 🤣

Last edited:
D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Wow! That looks like a huge undertaking and I see a new vulgar vocabulary in sight!
It actually wasn’t a difficult install at all, other than the fitment simply not being right on my 2023. Had things lined up correctly they way they did in the above video, I could have had the whole job done in an hour, give or take.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Overly long paragraphs hurt my eyes.

Glad you're getting the fix you need.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
TL/DR (mostly for @Scoop 🤣): There are known fitment problems with this windshield on 2023 P1K’s. Not every 2023 is affected in the same way, but some definitely are. If you own a 2023, buy at your own risk—you have been warned.

So none of that was my issue, turns out—it was the fitment after all. Watching this video, I did the same procedure when attaching the main mounts, threading the bolt to the cargo net nut in the cage, then threading the M6 and M8 bolts into the cage clamp holes. Even with nothing else attached, I actually had to push pretty hard against the bottom of the mounts to get the slotted holes to line up with the clamp bolt holes, it was NOT at all easy like in the video.

I had an appointment with a SuperATV virtual mechanic today, who saw the binding and how the mounts were skewed at odd angles—and said I’m not the only one one having problems mounting this to a 2023 P1K-5. They’ve had several customers with the same issue, some worse than others, and they don’t know what’s causing it. They tried sending one customer a different set of clamps and mounts but it still didn’t work. Another customer with binding less severe than mine was able to get it to “an acceptable fit” even though it wasn’t as good as the fit on a 2022, but their opinion was that it was clear that mine wouldn’t reach that level. They offered to send me a different set of clamps and mounts but were doubtful it would help, so after discussing options I decided to return it and they’re overnighting me a regular flip up windscreen instead—they’re not seeing any fitment problems with the manual window on a 2023, just the maxdrive windshield.

So if you have a 2023, I’d recommend avoiding this windshield until they have the fitment issues corrected. It might work on your machine, but there’s a decent chance it won’t. It’s a bummer, I was really looking forward to this one, but it is what it is. At least SuperATV took care of me and are getting me a windshield before the holiday, props for that!

On a positive note, I opened up my tinted roof box to begin assembly while waiting for the windscreen to show up—THERE WERE STICKERS!!!!! SICK BRO!!!! 🤣
Hell of a book you wrote there 🤣
But glad you fingered it out! NOHMO.

I had similar problems with my std SATV flip back in 16’ I belive it was one if the first. They sent me new clamps and then a whole new windshield and still issues. They were also cool and took it back no questions asked. I got one a few yrs later after they worked the bugs out of it. The good thing was the tech support chick sounded hot 👀

D

Drew S

May 23, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
For anyone wondering, especially if you have a 2023 and try the Maxdrive but find it doesn’t fit: The standard flip-up fits just fine. There’s a little gapping under the bottom seal, but nothing some closed-cell foam pipe insulation couldn’t fix if it bothers you.

IMG 3581 IMG 3580 IMG 3582

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!