Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've looked back and most of the post are old. I see that Power Commander has a tuner out and some of you have tried it (and other brands).

There seems to be a universal conclusion that you must improve the air flow WITH the programmer in order to see a significant improvement.

My question is this: If you put them in order of improved performance what order would you put:
Intake
Exhaust
Tuner

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I assume like most of us you're not wanting to throw down $700 or so all at once and buy all three items at once, I'm right there with you!

I did exhaust first. For me I went with the Yoshimura system. The exhaust all by itself makes a noticeable difference, although the Yosh pipe is loud. In fact last I checked @wyo700 has one for sale on this site because it was too loud for him. If the noise isn't a concern you could get a great deal on an almost new pipe! If sound IS a concern people have said the HMF exhaust is quieter. Long story short I'd do exhaust first.

Next for me was a k&n intake. Not as noticeable of a gain but through my testing I'm a believer! Read about my experience here-

K&N intake | The Honda Side by Side Club!

All that's left for me to buy now is a Dobeck tuner. I will do a similar test as I did with my intake once I have it installed. Good luck on your build!

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Same here, I'm running the Yoshi pipe and K&N and I noticed a good amount of low end (and I run 4 people in mine usually all the time) and plan on getting the Dobeck system too. Definitely get intake and exhaust first before tuner though. I love the loud pipe but I do trail rides and dont hunt so I want people and creatures hearing me coming lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!