Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
After putting commander shocks on and going a little taller, ive been thinking about doing wheels to give a little more stability. I really would rather stay narrower, but wider im sure is safer.

Anyone that has gone aftermarket that wishes they didnt?

Right now i like that the wheel well keeps mud off me better. I also like the narrower stance.

However, I dont like how the stock wheels keep dirt and mud in the inside of the wheel well. I feel with aftermarket wheels it would be able to clean out better.

Anyone able to throw any other thoughts in there?

Im running 27x12 tires

Reactions: swsebek
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Would you consider putting fender flares on your machine if you put wider wheels on?

627562726af506eb875e5889c3aba1ce

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
maybe mud-busters. Not the Honda ones, even though i like them better, havent heard as many good things about them, and I ride narrow stuff some times so im sure i would break them

Reactions: joeymt33
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I personally like wider and will never go narrow on anything.wider bike tires, truck tires,Atv's,SXSs and old lady's..:D......but being serious I like the soft footprint and better chance of floating over most ruts and I believe sticks don't jump up as quickly and I tear the yard up less. But That's just my opinion. If it fits then stuff it under there:)mudd busters are sweet

Reactions: joeymt33
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you measure the width before and after the commander shocks? I think they narrowed mine by about 2" so aftermarket wheels may just put you back where you were. With aftermarket wheels the sides of my machine get dirty but I don't really get any on me in the seat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!