Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They’re going to have to do waaaay better on price before I’d be interested!
They are just as much in most cases more than a 2500 with a bigger more powerful diesel.

Reactions: JTW
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had the ram 1500 diesel. Got 21-23 mpg. I saw 26.5 once. Oil change for the first 2 years was $100 if you did it yourself, $150 at the dealer. Almost missed vacation because of the exhaust. Also had electrical quirks, the rear window seal kept failing, it rattled like a snake, and Chrysler financial screwed us over and only played nice after I said I was going to the attorney general in our state. If someone flew a plane into their HQ I wouldn’t shed a tear.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had the ram 1500 diesel. Got 21-23 mpg. I saw 26.5 once. Oil change for the first 2 years was $100 if you did it yourself, $150 at the dealer. Almost missed vacation because of the exhaust. Also had electrical quirks, the rear window seal kept failing, it rattled like a snake, and Chrysler financial screwed us over and only played nice after I said I was going to the attorney general in our state. If someone flew a plane into their HQ I wouldn’t shed a tear.
The people I've talked to with the ECO diesel do seem mixed. Some loved it, others...not so much.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lots of engine failures with those Ecodiesels. At one point Chrysler had produced 104,000 of them and based off of warehouse orders had blown 3k engines. No way I wanted to own that truck very long. My 5.3 Chevy that replaces it does everything it did and is cheaper to maintain so I am rolling with it till it dies.

Reactions: Plumber32
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s where I’m at... I’m having a hard time justifying buying an f250 for the half dozen times a year I would like to have a diesel. And I really don’t have anything to pull that “needs” one.. yet!

I’m the same way. That’s why the F150 with the MAX tow package is for me. I tow quite often for work and I had a diesel ford but the cost of ownership was more. Add 10 ply tires and the heavy rear springs and the 1/2 ton is slot cheaper. this f150 tows confidently like my ‘03 F250.

Lower gears, 470 lb/ft, tow mirrors, upgraded radiator, aux trans cooler, brake controller, 12k plus rating. Of coarse all that means nothing if you need to tow more than that. Also, if I was hooked to the trailer every week, I would have to go to a 3/4 ton.

J

JTW

I’m the same way. That’s why the F150 with the MAX tow package is for me. I tow quite often for work and I had a diesel ford but the cost of ownership was more. Add 10 ply tires and the heavy rear springs and the 1/2 ton is slot cheaper. this f150 tows confidently like my ‘03 F250.

Lower gears, 470 lb/ft, tow mirrors, upgraded radiator, aux trans cooler, brake controller, 12k plus rating. Of coarse all that means nothing if you need to tow more than that. Also, if I was hooked to the trailer every week, I would have to go to a 3/4 ton.
Exactly!! If mine were the max tow I’d keep it.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Or if you had to tow something really heavy... lol. My toyhauler is heavy at 34k combined weight, but when it’s hay season, all bets are off... I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve been close to 50k combined before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a tow truck..just sayin:cool:
20180123 082257

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s a Fiat “V” diesel. I would’ve been happier with a gasser to lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Too bad they didnt use some Cummins variation. Seems like a natural choice given the connection.
The cummins in the Nissan and soon to be Toyota had been tested for years and was slated for the 1500 dodge but during the market crash dodge scrapped the program. Too bad for Dodge Fiat isn’t quite the same, it’s going to be like the International 6.0 Power Stroke scandle

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Too bad they didnt use some Cummins variation. Seems like a natural choice given the connection.
The 5.0 Cummins in the Nissan was developed for the Ram, however it didn’t get the mileage they were looking for.

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The 5.0 Cummins in the Nissan was developed for the Ram, however it didn’t get the mileage they were looking for.
That’s only partially true. After market crash Dodge set forth to deal with the bailout from Obama and did so by selling most of the company to Fiat. The program with Cummins now was scrapped because of heavy influence from Fiat and the huge royalties Chrysler would have to pay Cummins. They chose to sugar coat the situation buy selling it as a mileage consideration

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The cummins in the Nissan and soon to be Toyota had been tested for years and was slated for the 1500 dodge but during the market crash dodge scrapped the program. Too bad for Dodge Fiat isn’t quite the same, it’s going to be like the International 6.0 Power Stroke scandle
That’s only partially true. After market crash Dodge set forth to deal with the bailout from Obama and did so by selling most of the company to Fiat. The program with Cummins now was scrapped because of heavy influence from Fiat and the huge royalties Chrysler would have to pay Cummins. They chose to sugar coat the situation buy selling it as a mileage consideration
I believe that at one time, the "next" Nissan Titan was to be a rebaged Ram or joint development between the two.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I believe that at one time, the "next" Nissan Titan was to be a rebaged Ram or joint development between the two.
Toyota owns a diesel company Hino. There was rumor they were going to use the Cummins in the Tundra since they were struggling to get the Hino to meet emission standards.

Reactions: DG Rider
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Or if you had to tow something really heavy... lol. My toyhauler is heavy at 34k combined weight, but when it’s hay season, all bets are off... I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve been close to 50k combined before.

Good Lord what the heck are you putting in your trailer. My truck weighs 8k and 43' toy hauler is 16k. I've got a long way to go to reach your numbers. Even after 200 gal water + SXS + food and everything else I'm still not breaking 30k...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigOL3
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Lord what the heck are you putting in your trailer. My truck weighs 8k and 43' toy hauler is 16k. I've got a long way to go to reach your numbers. Even after 200 gal water + SXS + food and everything else I'm still not breaking 30k...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That was loaded for a nascar race. I stopped across the scales at a truck stop just to see... I thought they all weighed that much. ‍♂️

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought it was designed for military use?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!