Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You guys made me dig deep into the archives to show a true 50k pound load again. The little Cummins that could:)
0B5E2E4F 97D6 4B5B A781 AD49FE318401

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
The cummins in the Nissan and soon to be Toyota had been tested for years and was slated for the 1500 dodge but during the market crash dodge scrapped the program. Too bad for Dodge Fiat isn’t quite the same, it’s going to be like the International 6.0 Power Stroke scandle

That motor had already been slated to the Nissan Titan XD project before the gas crash, testing was complete on motor and trans but entire project placed on hold till recovery. I’m impressed with my example so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Toyota owns a diesel company Hino. There was rumor they were going to use the Cummins in the Tundra since they were struggling to get the Hino to meet emission standards.

From what I understand, Nissan will not let Toyota use the same motor. Much less in the same markets as they sell the Titan XD.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
From what I understand, Nissan will not let Toyota use the same motor. Much less in the same markets as they sell the Titan XD.

That may very well be the case. Last I heard mention of the Toyota running it had been a few years back and was wondering on why the timeline was going so slow. Titan has never sold close to as well as Tundra so anything that helps I suppose

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
That may very well be the case. Last I heard mention of the Toyota running it had been a few years back and was wondering on why the timeline was going so slow. Titan has never sold close to as well as Tundra so anything that helps I suppose

Last thing I heard about Toyota was they were looking at Navistar for the diesel, but that was scuttlebut and no confirmation. To be honest I have not heard much about that endeavor and thought they abandoned the project completely. Guess we’ll see if they ever bring anything to market, car show season is coming with all the announcements.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't tow huge load regularly but when I do my biggest concern isn't that today's half tons won't pull the load because most will BUT when I need to stop....... the little half tons just won't do it.
So as long as I'm working and hauling a tractor or other big equipment........ 2500 diesel for me!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Negative, pure Nissan.

Correct. "Was" to be rebaged/joint development, but those plans were scrapped.

It's kind of interesting to see just what gets shared behind the scenes with engines. Like the original modern mini Cooper engine being based In the Chrysler 2.0 Neon engine, etc.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If i start towing more I may consider a 3.5 ecoboost with max tow. But Right now I cant justify since my 5.0 pulls everything i own fine. I just want better haha.

So if we can turbo a 2.4 and a 3.5, why cant we do the same to a 5.0 from the factory?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If i start towing more I may consider a 3.5 ecoboost with max tow. But Right now I cant justify since my 5.0 pulls everything i own fine. I just want better haha.

So if we can turbo a 2.4 and a 3.5, why cant we do the same to a 5.0 from the factory?

I have been asking that question for a while, my letters to CEO have gone unanswered, its like they aren't listening.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

$$$$

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Re: Toyota diesels. I do not know why they would want to use somebody else’s engine. They produce some pretty kick ass engines for other markets. See 1HZ and I don’t know the engine designation for the twin turbo v8 screamer ....

On edit 1VD series engine - get yo mind outta the gutter @JTW

Last edited:
Reactions: lee and JTW
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Re: Toyota diesels. I do not know why they would want to use somebody else’s engine. They produce some pretty kick ass engines for other markets. See 1HZ and I don’t know the engine designation for the twin turbo v8 screamer ....

Yeah....Toy has a hard-earned rep and trusting it to somebody else doesn't seem like "them".

J

JTW

I agree..

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or if you had to tow something really heavy... lol. My toyhauler is heavy at 34k combined weight, but when it’s hay season, all bets are off... I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve been close to 50k combined before.

Your toyhauler is 26k#?????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your toyhauler is 26k#?????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That was with the truck and camper completely loaded. 5 people in truck, luggage, sxs in camper, water in camper for a 4 day dry camp and bed of truck completely full of wood.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!