P700 Pulled the Trigger on a 700-2 today

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Found out one thing real fast; these things are freaking heavy! And don't turn around in the front yard! That inside rear tire will tear some stuff up. Luckily I saw the probable outcome while I was in the pasture.

I'd definitely recommend power steering. Makes a big difference on the 700.

Reactions: Montecresto
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah. I am not a mudder either, even though it is really popular here in the south. I live in the Blue Ridge here in Georgia, and our trails are mostly rocky and hilly terrain, so getting high centered would be my main concern.
Define a "cheap" winch. I am thinking a good quality2500lb Warn would do the trick ( I had one on a 500 Arctic Cat a few years ago and it was solid)
The rule is Max weight doubled for a winch, which works out to that 4500-5000 lb range I mentioned. You could maybe use a 2500 with a snatch block, but you lose range in the rope.
Warn certainly is the big name in Winches, but I'd have no issue with a Badlands brand from Harbor Freight. I used a cheap Champion on special from Tractor supply and had no issues. I think I had 180 total In the winch and the mount.

Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
West slope of the Blue Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-2
The rule is Max weight doubled for a winch, which works out to that 4500-5000 lb range I mentioned. You could maybe use a 2500 with a snatch block, but you lose range in the rope.
Warn certainly is the big name in Winches, but I'd have no issue with a Badlands brand from Harbor Freight. I used a cheap Champion on special from Tractor supply and had no issues. I think I had 180 total In the winch and the mount.
Harbor Freight huh...I had a little trailer from them that was awesome. I will look into their winches. It isn't like I would be using it a whole lot anyway. First things first though; windshield. That's another thing I realized pretty fast that I will need.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
i just ordered a superwinch terra 45 for about 230 from amazon same quality and longevity as warn so to me its worth the little extra to have something thats going to last. hf stuff you cant get parts for down the road either, i had the contactor go on my last winch after like 12 years i got just the contractor for 20 and was back going

all depends how you are going to use it, i had a lt3500 on my rhino and had a real tuff time trying to get that going(even doubled) buried in snow or on the frame in mud(wouldnt be stuck if it wasent) so the pioneer is 50% heavier than that was

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
R

Rexter

Jul 7, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Congrats from Florida! Read through the threads to get ideas about accessorizing and tips. Enjoy!

Reactions: Noob
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And don't turn around in the front yard! That inside rear tire will tear some stuff up.
Welcome to the forum Noob! Yep, no turf mode on the 700-2, gotta watch the lawns and gravel driveways. Talk to your banker and set up a line of credit for your mods...:D:D

MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't want to be the only one whose wife gets pissy about all the must have items.
68BA61FC BA9B 4977 B783 0F8F51D06D1D

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Somebody would get a helluva deal.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Welcome to the forum Noob! Yep, no turf mode on the 700-2, gotta watch the lawns and gravel driveways. Talk to your banker and set up a line of credit for your mods...:D:D

Honda really "cheaped out" when they went to the Pioneer from the Big Red. They really lightened up the frame, got rid of the turf mode, etc.
But the Big Red sure was an ugly bastard. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Already shopping for light bars...thinking maybe a 6" to a 10" and maybe a couple of 4" square pods as back up lights. Just put a roof on.
IMO, you won’t be happy with a 6-10” light bar for a front light.

Reactions: Noob
slingshot48

slingshot48

Go Gators!!
Lifetime Member
Jul 22, 2018
East TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK. I'm all ears my friend. Remember my handle is "noob"

I have a 10” and feel the need for more light. Was planning on a light bar for the roof. Makes an amazing difference woods riding way up here in TN! Roof, windshield, winch, and light bar. Those are what I think you’ll need right away in my opinion. Oh yeah, much better ply rated tires as well! The paper thin side wall tires gotta go!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!