P500 Pulls to the right

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Good news is if all checks out, just unbolt the steering wheel and center. Had to do it after adding power steering. Good luck.
I tried doing exactly what you did after installing PS however the splines on the shaft would not allowing me to center it. It was either one hour to the left of one hour to the right. I had to disconnect the shaft all together and realign the wheel. Still off some. #$#%^&*

Reactions: Morpheus and Mudder

559Pioneer500

Aug 12, 2020
Clovis, CA
Ownership

1. 500
delfalte them and dont worry about the steering wheel, like others said once you change tire size the steering wheel will be off center. If it bothers you then unbolt it and put it back on straight.
good to know although it seems weird that it would be off center after a wheel change. I'm going to check the toe in/out on Wednesday and maybe that is off as well. At least the steering wheel is an easy fix

Reactions: Morpheus and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I tried doing exactly what you did after installing PS however the splines on the shaft would not allowing me to center it. It was either one hour to the left of one hour to the right. I had to disconnect the shaft all together and realign the wheel. Still off some. #$#%^&*
Same here, had to play with upper shaft splines and steering wheel splines more than once. But no regrets doing the PS.

559Pioneer500

Aug 12, 2020
Clovis, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Ok all, thanks for all the help. Toe in was at about 1/2”. So I adjusted that to 3/16” and tires are at 9psi all around. Will test ride and adjust steering wheel if needed. Thank you all!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank God it pulls to the right. If it pulled to the left you‘d either have to give it to Monty or put it out of our misery...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!