P1000m5 Put sealant on beadlocks?

Wareagle73

Wareagle73

Mar 27, 2019
Hartford KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys. I’m sure there is a thread already that I couldn’t find. I have itp dual beadlocks on 30” carnivores. I was extremely careful trying to make sure all seals were seated, bolts were torqued correctly, etc. out of the 4 I have 1 that leaks slightly around the bead on the outside. I am going to disassemble them and put anti seize on all the bolts. (I didn’t do it the first time). Should I buy and put the rubberized bead seal on the rim or the ring when I put them back together??? If any at all. Any suggestions on the exposed bolt threads between the ring and wheel?!!!!
Also I am installing elka stage 4s. Any suggestions on the shock settings would be greatly appreciated. They came pre set from elka set for 2 passengers and 150lbs payload. P1000-5

Reactions: Zax185 and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FWIW... TIREJECT is more like water and will seal rim leaks. It will harden the glue with plugs. Slime will dissolve the glue with plugs. It will seal dry rot cracks and 1/4" holes with ease.

See what bead lock owners say they do.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

can't speak for the beadlocks,but set the shock ride height to factory then play with the settings.i'm constantly changing mine for different terrain.it's not a set it and forget it kind of shock.my starting point is usually 16> from full soft and up/down from there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!