Pyle vs Boss audio

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know alot of folks look down on these two brands, but I am not looking for the best audio, just some decent tunes for when im fishing or working on fence. I was curious to those who have used either/both which one you guys prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

J

Jshell3

Pyle and Boss are same company from what I can tell.
Just depends on "who's selling them". If you know what I mean... So one doesn't compete w/ the other. Boss is found at Wal-mart, while Pyle is more often seen at Pro Audio Stores.

So... I own BOSS. And they are GOOD. I'm not looking down on it at all.
It's what I run in my SxS, right now...
BOSS AUDIO BR800 Marine Weather Proof 800-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2-8 Ohm Stable 2 Channel Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control
And it is WAY more amp than I needed to run a pair of 400watt 6.5 speakers. But I bought it because of the waterproofing and the nearly all POSITIVE reviews.

I also run this BOSS Amazon.com: BOSS Audio R1100M Riot 1100 Watt, 2/4 Ohm Stable Class A/B, Monoblock, Mosfet Car Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Control: Car Electronics in my truck, pushing 10" sub.
Unbelievable AMP. See the reviews on it, as well.

Hope this help. I think BOSS is quality. I'd buy one (and have) without hesitation.

IMG 5363 IMG 5364 IMG 5366 IMG 5367

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking set up

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Both companies are known for inexpensive audio but Pyle has been around longer. What's interesting about cheap audio is that they will list an amp at 1500 watts and it sells for $89. So you think no way can it have that much power being that cheap. It will have that much power but full of distortion. Distortion is what blows speakers more often than being over powered. Either is good enough for a sxs.

Reactions: Nipper and joeymt33
S

silverbullet

Oct 23, 2016
Leitchfield, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get the speakers box?
Pyle and Boss are same company from what I can tell.
Just depends on "who's selling them". If you know what I mean... So one doesn't compete w/ the other. Boss is found at Wal-mart, while Pyle is more often seen at Pro Audio Stores.

So... I own BOSS. And they are GOOD. I'm not looking down on it at all.
It's what I run in my SxS, right now...
BOSS AUDIO BR800 Marine Weather Proof 800-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2-8 Ohm Stable 2 Channel Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control
And it is WAY more amp than I needed to run a pair of 400watt 6.5 speakers. But I bought it because of the waterproofing and the nearly all POSITIVE reviews.

I also run this BOSS Amazon.com: BOSS Audio R1100M Riot 1100 Watt, 2/4 Ohm Stable Class A/B, Monoblock, Mosfet Car Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Control: Car Electronics in my truck, pushing 10" sub.
Unbelievable AMP. See the reviews on it, as well.

Hope this help. I think BOSS is quality. I'd buy one (and have) without hesitation.

View attachment 44352 View attachment 44353 View attachment 44354 View attachment 44355

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know alot of folks look down on these two brands, but I am not looking for the best audio, just some decent tunes for when im fishing or working on fence. I was curious to those who have used either/both which one you guys prefer.

I'm running a boss 3" round radio with 6.5" speakers. I made the housings with pvc pipe and bought rollcage mounts from tractor supply. It was really cheap and I wasn't expecting much especially with no amp. The unit has 4 60 watt channels. I'm not going to make it out to be the best sounding thing ever but I am really happy with it considering how cheap and easy it was. There's not much base but it's plenty loud enough to hear riding, and it sounds decent.0924fc107558601733a168e8f99c4553

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!