BOX1

P700 Question about buying parts for maintenance.

C

canuck

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2016
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I purchase my oil and filter and air filter from the local Honda dealer, where do you purchase things O-rings, sealing washers, extra bolts and washers , etc.? Sometime my dealer has these items in stock, and sometime not. I have to drive about forty minutes one way to get to my dealer and was wondering if there was a company online who supply these items. I live in Ontario Canada.
Thank for your help.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The O rings should have come with the filters Depending on the filter brand. Bolts and washers u get from the dealer. That begs the question, why do u need to replace them?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
BTW welcome From the States!
congrats on your first post since joining in 16’ thats got to be a record 😂

what yr and mileage do u have on that rig?
oh and definitely
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

C

canuck

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2016
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you.
The O rings should have come with the filters Depending on the filter brand. Bolts and washers u get from the dealer. That begs the question, why do u need to replace them?
Sorry I was referring to the filler cap and drain bolt on the final drives. I was reading the service manual and it said to replace these items when changing the fluids. And because I live a piece away from the dealer and I do all of my own maintenance, I just like to have extra parts on hand in case I need them.

C

canuck

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2016
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
BTW welcome From the States!
congrats on your first post since joining in 16’ thats got to be a record 😂

what yr and mileage do u have on that rig?
oh and definitely
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Yes this my first post, I never really had any questions up to this point. My Honda is a 2015. I am not sure of the mileage. I have gotten her out from winter storage yet. I am the first owner. Bought it in July 2015.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes this my first post, I never really had any questions up to this point. My Honda is a 2015. I am not sure of the mileage. I have gotten her out from winter storage yet. I am the first owner. Bought it in July 2015.
Post up some pics when u get a chance. We like pics As you can tell. Kind of a ritual around here lol.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you.

Sorry I was referring to the filler cap and drain bolt on the final drives. I was reading the service manual and it said to replace these items when changing the fluids. And because I live a piece away from the dealer and I do all of my own maintenance, I just like to have extra parts on hand in case I need them.
No worries man, were here to help.
have you read the P700 oil change guide thread? If u havent, I have the link to help you. You will find the answers to your questions there.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@HondaTech had a short write up on this, he said, no need to replace o-rings if you lubricate them before reassembly which you would need to do with new o-rings, just don't pinch them coming out or in, he however did recommend replacing the aluminum crush washers on the drain bolts every time. Just remember the o-rings do the sealing on the filters, not the torque on the filter covers, just a little above hand tight if your threads are clean, if your threads are soiled with grime clean them. Welcome to your active role in the club!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
@HondaTech had a short write up on this, he said, no need to replace o-rings if you lubricate them before reassembly which you would need to do with new o-rings, just don't pinch them coming out or in, he however did recommend replacing the aluminum crush washers on the drain bolts every time. Just remember the o-rings do the sealing on the filters, not the torque on the filter covers, just a little above hand tight if your threads are clean, if your threads are soiled with grime clean them. Welcome to your active role in the club!
What smitty said. I changed my 700s oil twice as much as needed. Every 300 miles. I never replaced the crush washers on the drain bolts.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I usually don't replace the o rings unless I have to on the filter cover. New o rings are harder to keep in place, so it just becomes more hassle.

The drain bolt has a washer that's supposed to be replaced as well as an o ring. The washer deforms a bit when you tighten it down, so lately I've been replacing it every time just to get a better feel for getting it tight. It would tough-to-impossible to get the washer off without damaging the o ring, so it will need to be done as well.

I get them from RMATV, along with tusk filters. They also have a tusk brand washer as well. I buy a few at a time of each, that way the minimum shipping charge doesn't offset the value. Also, keep the filter o rings on hand, even if you don't change them. It'd suck to miss a ride over a waiting on a $2 o ring.

Also consider keeping an extra air filter on hand. Those can be gotten from Amazon cheaply, but make sure it's a genuine Honda filter and not some cheap garbage. Honda ones also come pre-oiled, but i DO NOT like whatever oil honda uses these days, as it seems to pass a bit of dust. Could be the amount of oil too. If it were mine, I'd get a new Honda air filter, clean it, and then use a quality foam air filter oil (which means NOT K&N oil) like Maxima to retreat it. Then keep it at the ready, since people tend to be "surprised" when they check the air filter, and you won't be caught off guard. Check it often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
did recommend replacing the aluminum crush washers on the drain bolts every time.
I havent on my P1 or my Talon ever. they have not leaked. I just inspect them for damage before using. Just like I have done the the 18yrs on the 4 to 8 standby Generators a day Ive ben servicing the last 18yrs.
All that you speak of tho is in the link I posted earlier.

Reactions: Smitty335
C

canuck

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2016
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you everybody for your suggestions and advice. It was all very helpful. It is so good to have so many knowledgeable people in one place, which allows people like myself to tap into this resource whenever we need help or advise.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Storm Lake Honda in Iowa sells maintenance items via their Ebay store. Prices seem to be fair, shipping quick and all OEM Honda items.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!