Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good reason to lay a cheap tarp under the work area, however so many little things often fall into the undercarriage never to be seen again. Must be whole bunch of washers and nuts in the great toolbox in the next dimension. As you age, fingers get fatter! LOL

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
I just took my buddies p700 dash apart and it's not a spring. It's a small piece of plastic on the end there is a half moon type disc at the end it's all one piece. It's a smaller shaft then the disc is made onto the shaft. I'd say it's the diameter of a ink pen refill. I dropped it too and had to find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
C02cae7f11dfafb8298d546d6102b3f0Ddad926b074c0e6753e00e0a3d3abbc2

We sunk it and had to dry it out because it wasn't working after the dunk.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just took my buddies p700 dash apart and it's not a spring. It's a small piece of plastic on the end there is a half moon type disc at the end it's all one piece. It's a smaller shaft then the disc is made onto the shaft. I'd say it's the diameter of a ink pen refill. I dropped it too and had to find it.

Holy cow, you're not touching my dash. :D

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lol liftedpsd. It looks like yall were having fun though! Thanks for the info! When i figure out a little plunger for mine im gonna have to silicon it back up so it wont leak inside anymore. Normally when we ride theres a good bit of water we go in. Now that i got the big tires im not sure if my dash will go under anymore, but if it does it will be sealed.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Go to the site of the tink tink with 2 little kids , offer a large ice cream reward . 4 young eyes with ice cream in there future .... Bet you find what ever it was .

That's funny! Growing up, my dad used to do jewelry work for stores in our area as a side job, had a whole room set up for it. Made molds, poured gold rings, set ruby's, diamonds, sapphire's...whenever he lost a stone on the floor and couldn't find it, he'd pay me $2 to find it. I always found it. :)

Reactions: Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's funny! Growing up, my dad used to do jewelry work for stores in our area as a side job, had a whole room set up for it. Made molds, poured gold rings, set ruby's, diamonds, sapphire's...whenever he lost a stone on the floor and couldn't find it, he'd pay me $2 to find it. I always found it. :)
Looks like lift needs to throw you a couple bucks!

Reactions: trigger
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Was outside messing with the p500 today and the last thing i did before i cleaned up the shop was get my digital dash out of the bag of rice and plug it into the harness and fire the p500 up. The dash works perfect when i take a little pointy piece of wire and push the button on the circuit board! The bag of rice saves the day yet again! Im done messing with it for now but maybe later today or tomorrow i'll try to make a plunger out of something and if it works get the dash back together.

Reactions: Jshell3 and Rustell
RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
How deep is the hole to the circuit board surface ? Use a solid piece of plastic for the plunger if you can. A metal plunger may eventually damage the contact area on the board. Just trial fit the plunger to get the proper length that will work with the rubber push button installed.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Jshell i'll try to get it done today. I was trying to tackle the most time consuming thing on the p500, which is building the bed/snorkels. I kinda rummaged through some odds and ends yesterday looking for a piece of plastic to use as a plunger but didnt find anything. I will post what i come up with later today.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok digital dash update. Its fixed!! I ended up using a 1/8" rivet lol. I would have rather used something plastic but i couldnt find anything. The rivet actually has a rounded head on it for when you rivet something the rounded head pulls through the rivet barrel making it flare out. I plugged the circuit board to the wiring harness and started my p5 and pressed the rivet, it pushed the button just fine dead center. The rivet body and head actually center it perfectly in the little hole that the plunger is suppossed to go in. I cut the rivet shank down a little at a time trying the face plate cover on each time. In the end i actually ended up cutting the rivet shank flush with the head. I put the faceplate on and pressed the button and i could hear the button on the circuit board clicking so i figured i had it fixed. I plugged it in, fired it up, pressed the rubber button, no dice! It wouldnt go through the screens like it should. I took the faceplate back off and pressed just the rivet head, it went through all the screens again. So i figured i need a shim. I tried a few different things like electrical butt connectors that i cut a few slivers off of. They seemed to work before i put it together, but when i put it together it wouldnt work. Believe it or not what i ended up using was a piece cut out from a zip tie lol. I cut a little square out of a zip tie and nipped the 4 corners off a bit to kinda make it 8 sided, or a little more rounded i guess. I put it on top of the rivet head and put the face plate on and it worked! I screwed the digital dash back together and it still worked, then installed it in the dash and it still worked lol. So im calling it fixed. The little piece of zip tie cant fall out of the hole because when you screw the face plate back on the little rubber button on the front glass sticks down in the hole a bit and sandwiches the piece of zip tie between it and the rivet head. So all i neee to do is when i get some silicon to finish my snorkel i will take the guage back apart and dielectric grease the harness and seal the seams and the harness with silicon along with my snorkel. So if theres anybody else out there that takes their dash apart and loses the little plunger thingy like i did, now you know you can use a 1/8" rivet and a zip tie to fix it lol. Heres a few pics. Hope yall like.

20170109 091934 20170109 092007 20170109 094009 20170109 100222 20170109 100332

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at the side view picture and the type of button used on the circuit board, you should be fine using the metal rivet. Nice job.

advertisement