Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ok digital dash update. Its fixed!! I ended up using a 1/8" rivet lol. I would have rather used something plastic but i couldnt find anything. The rivet actually has a rounded head on it for when you rivet something the rounded head pulls through the rivet barrel making it flare out. I plugged the circuit board to the wiring harness and started my p5 and pressed the rivet, it pushed the button just fine dead center. The rivet body and head actually center it perfectly in the little hole that the plunger is suppossed to go in. I cut the rivet shank down a little at a time trying the face plate cover on each time. In the end i actually ended up cutting the rivet shank flush with the head. I put the faceplate on and pressed the button and i could hear the button on the circuit board clicking so i figured i had it fixed. I plugged it in, fired it up, pressed the rubber button, no dice! It wouldnt go through the screens like it should. I took the faceplate back off and pressed just the rivet head, it went through all the screens again. So i figured i need a shim. I tried a few different things like electrical butt connectors that i cut a few slivers off of. They seemed to work before i put it together, but when i put it together it wouldnt work. Believe it or not what i ended up using was a piece cut out from a zip tie lol. I cut a little square out of a zip tie and nipped the 4 corners off a bit to kinda make it 8 sided, or a little more rounded i guess. I put it on top of the rivet head and put the face plate on and it worked! I screwed the digital dash back together and it still worked, then installed it in the dash and it still worked lol. So im calling it fixed. The little piece of zip tie cant fall out of the hole because when you screw the face plate back on the little rubber button on the front glass sticks down in the hole a bit and sandwiches the piece of zip tie between it and the rivet head. So all i neee to do is when i get some silicon to finish my snorkel i will take the guage back apart and dielectric grease the harness and seal the seams and the harness with silicon along with my snorkel. So if theres anybody else out there that takes their dash apart and loses the little plunger thingy like i did, now you know you can use a 1/8" rivet and a zip tie to fix it lol. Heres a few pics. Hope yall like.

View attachment 30652 View attachment 30653 View attachment 30654 View attachment 30655 View attachment 30656

Now that's the way to fix sh**!
P.S. Don't lose that rivet. ;)

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks trigger! Yes well lesson learned on my part. Hopefully if someone out there in the world does the same thing and loose theirs, they can google how to fix it and run across this thread in this awesome site. :)

Reactions: trigger
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haha thanks for the vote of confidence jshell! You are actually the one that made me hustle and get it done because you said you were curious about it in an earlier post lol. I was concentrating on the bed/snorkel build more lol. Thanks!

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!