P1000 Question about spring spacers?

K

kyorphan

Dec 8, 2016
kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New to the forum and first post. Thinking about putting the spring spacer kit on my p1000-3 eps to gain a bit more clearance. Plan on installing larger tires in the future was wondering if this would help or do I need to do the Highlifter lift? Would like to go with 29.5 Bighorns. Any help appreciated. Great Forum.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to the forum and first post. Thinking about putting the spring spacer kit on my p1000-3 eps to gain a bit more clearance. Plan on installing larger tires in the future was wondering if this would help or do I need to do the Highlifter lift? Would like to go with 29.5 Bighorns. Any help appreciated. Great Forum.
Welcome aboard from SE Missouri!
The big horns usually run small so I'd would think the spacers would give you enough clearance.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
When I had my Polaris Rzr the first one was a 800s. I made spring spacers out of PVC pipe. Worked great and very cheap to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This all depends on the size of the tires. Offset a-arms are needed for any thing over 28" tires. I have a set of 29.5 outlaw 2s and they rub the inner fender with just the spacers. I gained 2" more clearance with the spacers, but I think you will need to change your a-arms. The wheels I have are 3+4 on the set of outlaw 2s.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
welcome! I recently added 28" maxxis carnivores and 3.5" offset wheels. these tires actually measure 27.5" mounted and installed on the machine. a few times each ride they very lightly scrub my mudbuster where the bend isn't very snug up against the rear fender well. it's not enough to worry about.
At the same time, I installed the highlifter bracket lift, but ended up removing it, which didn't change the slightly scrub on the mudbuster. I've been on several good rides now and determined that a lift is not needed for these tires.
Other guys have installed 28" roctanes, and they to run a little big. They measure something like 28.5" installed, and from what I understand, those guys need the front offset a-arms.
30" roctanes need the offset a-arms and a lift, I think.
Some of the other guys with those other setups will chime in soon and give you more details.
Welcome aboard!

K

kyorphan

Dec 8, 2016
kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looked at a set of Streetrays spacers on ebay. After seeiing some post on here about individuals having to make their own rear spacers because the ones in the set wouldn't fit. I contacted the seller about the fitment and they replied that the set advertised wouldn't fit the 1000 after all. Just beware if you are looking at these.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMO opinion, if you need more ground clearance spacers on the springs aren't the way to do it. By stiffening the spring you are also extending the shock and taking extension away from the travel. Your mileage may vary.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO opinion, if you need more ground clearance spacers on the springs aren't the way to do it. By stiffening the spring you are also extending the shock and taking extension away from the travel. Your mileage may vary.
extending the shock a little gives you a more on the compression stroke, which is nice. but too much wouldn't be good.

advertisement
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
extending the shock a little gives you a more on the compression stroke, which is nice. but too much wouldn't be good.

That's true, but spacers also stiffens the suspension. That can be good if you're flying through rough stuff but not so good if you're in slow technical stuff. I guess it depends on how you ride the most, half empty or half full. LOL

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's true, but spacers also stiffens the suspension. That can be good if you're flying through rough stuff but not so good if you're in slow technical stuff. I guess it depends on how you ride the most, half empty or half full. LOL
yeah, it will stiffen some, and will give a little more ground clearance. it might be nice on the oem shocks if you get it just right...

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from WV you can get all the info you need here all are great guys and wont steer you wrong
Paul

Reactions: Powderburn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!