P1000 Question for those of you that run bed extenders

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My back seats are pretty much always up, so of course I have no storage in the back. Thinking about getting a bed extender (probably JEI) so I can keep a cooler and a box with recovery supplies back there.

Those of you that do this, do you find that the bed extender and/or tailgate cause any issues hitting stuff off-road a lot?

D

DDDonkey

I have that set up and have had no issues at all. I have not got extreme enough, to hit/drag the bed extender when off road. I like that the JEI extends the tailgate by a few inches. If you are worried about it being too long you could look for one that ends at the tailgate or at the BCF stuff that sets up higher, Moses is a member and great to deal with.

Honda

Bohnt10

Bohnt10

RoostBoost Equipped...
Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2017
NW Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda extender and haven’t run into any issues either. Seems to work really well.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I h
My back seats are pretty much always up, so of course I have no storage in the back. Thinking about getting a bed extender (probably JEI) so I can keep a cooler and a box with recovery supplies back there.

Those of you that do this, do you find that the bed extender and/or tailgate cause any issues hitting stuff off-road a lot?
I have the honda bed extender. Some type of extender is a must when using the back seats. I've not had any problems other than breaking 2 original tailgate cables. I think it was due to putting an extension on the cables so the tailgate would lay flat. I bought stronger and longer cables to fix that problem. But the more I look at the design, I think u wouldn't have a problem if u leave the tailgate at an angle like Honda designed it because it doesn't allow the tailgate and honda extender bounce like it does with the extensions. I carry a 70qt cooler back there.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run a Honda brand extender and love it! I have room for a cooler and stihl ms 211 saw! It's a tight fit and keeps everything in place well & is very nice with seats down as a gear organizer! No problems fitting through tight trails or dragging anywhere!

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run a Dirt road fabrication bed extender, love the extra room. We use the small slice of bed for tools, Jack and extra parts. The extender holds the cooler and the rest of our stuff. I love it!

20190306 122216 20190306 122202

Reactions: TripleB
N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4

Here is a link to my poor man mods.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!