P1000 Question on extended warranty

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3082
I have one month left on my one year warranty, I can still buy the extended for $500 but I'm wondering if it's worth the money. I have 3500 miles on my machine now with no problems and it's running better than day one. Just wondering what you all are doing with extended warranties? If I had clutch problems I wouldn't trust the dealer to do the job anyway.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 44449 I have one month left on my one year warranty, I can still buy the extended for $500 but I'm wondering if it's worth the money. I have 3500 miles on my machine now with no problems and it's running better than day one. Just wondering what you all are doing with extended warranties? If I had clutch problems I wouldn't trust the dealer to do the job anyway.
With 3500 trouble free miles and clutch 1/2 of warrentee I wouldn't do it as long as you'd be confident in changing clutches. Don't foresee anything else big on a Honda but that's only my opinion.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 44449 I have one month left on my one year warranty, I can still buy the extended for $500 but I'm wondering if it's worth the money. I have 3500 miles on my machine now with no problems and it's running better than day one. Just wondering what you all are doing with extended warranties? If I had clutch problems I wouldn't trust the dealer to do the job anyway.
I got the extended warranty when I bought my machine.... and with just the mods I've done that the warranty is worthless now according to the dealership.I could have put that money into accessories

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got the extended warranty when I bought my machine.... and with just the mods I've done that the warranty is worthless now according to the dealership.I could have put that money into accessories
Which accessories pushed you out of coverage?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which accessories pushed you out of coverage?
According to the dealer... vent lines... wiring..tires.. snorkel ..basically anything they didn't do.. The place I bought from is a bunch of ass hats. Unfortunately I bought an aftermarket warranty..not Honda. So I will have to find another dealer that accepts this warranty.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
According to the dealer... vent lines... wiring..tires.. snorkel ..basically anything they didn't do.. The place I bought from is a bunch of ass hats. Unfortunately I bought an aftermarket warranty..not Honda. So I will have to find another dealer that accepts this warranty.
What's company name? I want to stay clear of them!

Reactions: GlockMeister
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Dealership is Bluff Power sports. Poplar Bluff,Mo. What is upsetting to me is I had been doing business there for 15+ years. Bought 9 ATVs from them
Is it them or the secondary insurance company that is refusing to cover issues? The dealer probably doesn't want to fight extended insurance other than Honda

advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That's exactly why I bought a Honda. I'd change the clutch myself IF it went and I'd ride it like you have been!

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies, I think I will save my $ and put it towards some accessory. No I don't drive it to work, I'm retired so I only work at the things that I want too! I live in the UP of Michigan and ride right from home, hundreds of miles of trails.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the replies, I think I will save my $ and put it towards some accessory. No I don't drive it to work, I'm retired so I only work at the things that I want too! I live in the UP of Michigan and ride right from home, hundreds of miles of trails.

Sounds like you have a really tough life!!!!!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it them or the secondary insurance company that is refusing to cover issues? The dealer probably doesn't want to fight extended insurance other than Honda
They sold me the warranty.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't think that I'd give them another penny of my hard earned money!!!!!!!
Well there's more to this story...but it's a long one;)and I won't go into detail. But I don't darken their doorstep no more.

Reactions: JTW and elkguide
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They sold me the warranty.
So it's a dealership warranty? I would read the fine print on the warranty contract. And find out if the dealer had the same accessories you have for sale, if so, ask them if you would have bought them from them would the warranty be in effect

Reactions: GlockMeister
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!