Questions for dealer

ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm picking up a 2018 P1k5 Dlx tomorrow.
New to the Honda Pioneer family, are there any key questions I should ask the dealer? Good things to know, etc.
Any tips appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: elkguide and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm picking up a P1k5 Dlx tomorrow.
New to the Honda Pioneer family, are there any key questions I should ask the dealer? Good things to know, etc.
Any tips appreciated.
If you haven't done the all paperwork yet ask him to throw in a winch. You never know, don't hurt to ask.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm picking up a P1k5 Dlx tomorrow.
Any tips appreciated.

Before I left I would just double check all the fluid levels, even ask them to show you. Honda has a check off sheet with about 40 things on it they are supposed to go over with you and if you have any questions on this items they are supposed to go over it with you.

Sadly some just have you sign off when going through the stack of papers and fill it in afterwards.

Look the thing over for little things, are the brake lines secured and tight. Is the toe in look ok or it it spread out way too far. Stuff like that gives you an indication if it was gone over for true pre delivery setup or thrown together out of the crate by Jr. without a second look.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check the engine oil, sup transmission oil and differentials. It wouldn’t hurt to check the brake fluid and coolant also.

Asked to take it for a ride before signing and see if it well shift into two lock, four-wheel-drive and front diff lock without too much hesitation.

Then check the front wheel alignment. Most of them are off so bad you don’t even need a tape measure.

Check the front doors and see if they open and close easily. It’s possible they could be out of adjustment enough that they may bump the roll cage when shutting them.

I don’t know how much you want to look into it but my vehicle had loose nuts on the tie rod ends and one seat belt bolt was only finger tight and I had a brake line bolt missing that hold the line to the upper arm.

Reactions: swsebek and JACKAL
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Listen to these guys
I have read dozens of threads on machines not having fluids

Reactions: joeymt33
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@ZeroG here is the actual checklist they are supposed to go over with you before leaving. I would ask on anything you may have a concern about.

SXS Chackist

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Definitely need to drive it before you leave the lot and sign the papers. Having them show you where everything is and how to check ALL of the fluid levels would also be on my to do list.

You're getting a great ride.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both my hondas the 700 and the 1000 the acc plug wasnt plugged in. Take a phone charger to verify.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!