Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Been lurking for a while and have read most of the posts on this forum. Seems like a great bunch of people and definitely picked up some very useful information!! Have had Hondas most of my life starting with the 200S and going up from there...this will be my first SXS. Not a fan of the CVT and to me seems to be old school snowmobile technology from the 70s. Plus, have driven and towed a few of my friends Polaris and AC in the past...nothing really impressed me.

Fast forward...went and test drove a 17 LE and what a nice machine. Trans was a little jerky, but that could have been me or just the newness of the machine. Do have a few questions and/or random thoughts for you all and hopefully can point me in the right direction.

First, there is a $600 difference between the 17 and 18. From what I have read on this sight, it might make sense to wait for the 18s??

Second, my type of riding is slow go. Out hunting , exploring the backwoods (logging trails), and maybe blowing down a snow covered road the few times it snows in AZ. Would have maybe 400 pounds of gear tops in the bed. Not out racing, mudding, etc.

Third, day one I will be looking into a set of 5, 28x10-14 tires and wheels. Anyone see any problems with the transmission in stepping up an inch is size? For those of you that have done it, any problems? Loss of performance?

Thanks in advance! Patiently looking forward for the 18s to arrive.
Go with the 18 for that little bit of money! It already has heat update and clutc update. No worries about taking back to dealer for the fixes.
Welco me to the LE family!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for all the replies! Made a ton of notes and researching out tires now.

A few of you have the 18's already....what did you pay? Was quoted just under $21k out the door, street legal.

Finally, is it worth getting the extended warranty? I don't beat up my stuff and meticulous on maintenance
Go for it' HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!