P500 Quickshield X 2?

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
When I was younger I tended to overdo things. If I had one motorcycle, I wanted two. If I had one beer, I wanted two, if I had one ladyfriend, I wanted two. (Important caveat - the ladyfriend example was before there was a Mrs. Idahotruckman just in case you are reading this, Sweetheart!)
You get the point. If one is good, two is better. Ah, the good old days....
However, one 2020 Blue Honda Pioneer 500 is enough for me. With all the mods I bought, if I had another P5 I'd go completely broke. Doubly broke in fact.
Still, I've been wondering - has anyone installed a second trigger, er I mean QuickShield on their machine? If you have, did it mitigate the noise even more? I have been thinking about installing another one on top of the one I already have. Thought I would ask all you folks. AND Perhaps our esteemed subject matter expert is listening???
Trigger - what are your thoughts on this?
Thank you

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Still, I've been wondering - has anyone installed a second trigger, er I mean QuickShield on their machine? If you have, did it mitigate the noise even more? I have been thinking about installing another one on top of the one I already have. Thought I would ask all you folks. AND Perhaps our esteemed subject matter expert is listening???
Trigger - what are your thoughts on this?
Thank you
You have to tag him @trigger if u want him to see your post.

As for stopping the noise, its called ear plugs.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sure it would help to a point as the density of the material blocks some noise. Would it be significant enough to warrant the cost, would probably fall under interpretation. I never realized how much noise it blocked until riding in one without it so it's not extremely noticable already, to me anyway. It could be done though, the material is flexible enough that it wouldn't hinder the seats fastening in or anything. This question came up a couple yrs ago but I don't think anyone ever tried it. 🤷‍♂️

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Does the trigger shield wrap around up to the middle of the seat back? I made my own and the beta was just under the lower seat, it worked fair. The second addition wrapped around up to the middle of the seat back and heat and noise abatement was much better.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does the trigger shield wrap around up to the middle of the seat back? I made my own and the beta was just under the lower seat, it worked fair. The second addition wrapped around up to the middle of the seat back and heat and noise abatement was much better.
It wraps all the way to the top of the seat. Works good!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Smitty is referring to how it installs in a P1k. The 700 and Talon does the same, covers the entire seat back. I try to cover as much area as possible with all of them.
The 500's are a little different and the back installs depending on the machine's specific setup. Rack, bed, tool box, back panel...The original was designed to go over the first bar on the rack and tuck under a toolbox or flatbed, sealing off any air or noise coming from behind you, especially with a back panel installed.

K

Kkevin

Feb 2, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. 500
I took decibel readings last year before I added the quick shield. I took the measurement a few inches from my right ear. Speed was 35 mph on dry blacktop road. It measured 103 decibles. next measurement was with a single quickshield and a homemade plexiglass rear window. Same speed measured 95 decibles. Like IdahoTruckMan I too was curious if another layer would make a difference. Added a second quickshield and measured it this morning, same road, same speed. Meter read 86 decibles. It’s just starting to warm up around here so not sure if the second shield will block heat better than the single or not

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I took decibel readings last year before I added the quick shield. I took the measurement a few inches from my right ear. Speed was 35 mph on dry blacktop road. It measured 103 decibles. next measurement was with a single quickshield and a homemade plexiglass rear window. Same speed measured 95 decibles. Like IdahoTruckMan I too was curious if another layer would make a difference. Added a second quickshield and measured it this morning, same road, same speed. Meter read 86 decibles. It’s just starting to warm up around here so not sure if the second shield will block heat better than the single or not
I have mutable layers, Honda's attempt heat shield, foil backed bubble insulation, Alien Shade Roof cover that I run under my Honda roof all the time the Quick Shield. I believe the Alien Shade baffles the noise that gets by the all the other stuff. I didn't/don't have access to a meter. I'll be at the 23 TO if someone wants to measure it?

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have mutable layers, Honda's attempt heat shield, foil backed bubble insulation, Alien Shade Roof cover that I run under my Honda roof all the time the Quick Shield. I believe the Alien Shade baffles the noise that gets by the all the other stuff. I didn't/don't have access to a meter. I'll be at the 23 TO if someone wants to measure it?
Download decibel X (ten) to your phone and you will have your own personal dB meter. I downloaded the free version to my iPhone and compared it to a professional meter and was surprised at the accuracy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!