BOX1

P1000 Quiet Exhaust

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone out there know if there is an aftermarket exhaust out there that is quiet? Don't want the racket just better airflow and no CAT.
Thanks

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not necessarily. I've changed out many an exhaust on a lot of my cars over the years and installed headers and other varied modifiers. I've always had a choice of noise levels while doing this. I've had some obnoxiously loud cars and others with a nice mellow exhaust note. I've heard some sound bites of the slip on mufflers offered for our machines and they are the obnoxious type. I wouldn't mind a little louder than stock note but not anything loud and raspy. You, the owner, might like the racket but it just irritates most others around you, especially in a camp ground or other place where you might ride where you're surrounded with other campers or neighbors. So, again, does anyone know of a mellow less restrictive exhaust for our Pioneers?

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Richie, which one did you order? Part# or description would help.
Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check with Hondatech on herebut I’m pretty sure if you delete the CAT you’ll also have get an after market tuner otherwise you’ll throw codes like crazy.

somebody on here had a link to an extra muffler that slips on the factory exhaust that is supposed to work well.

Also I can personally tell you if you remove the factory hard roof or go with a fiber roof it will remove a lot of engine noise as the hard top model traps/resonates sound.

Reactions: 70Bones
Richie23

Richie23

Nov 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had no issues with my 2016 but could affect other years differently. Good idea to check like hondared16 said.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check with Hondatech on herebut I’m pretty sure if you delete the CAT you’ll also have get an after market tuner otherwise you’ll throw codes like crazy.

You can delete the cat without any codes. I made a how to on removing it :)

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you give a link for that video?

No video but here's the how to I posted.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The dust you'll make is pretty bad for you, that's why I didn't opt to do that Plus the cats worth $20 in scrap lol.

Wouldn't a respirator with hepa filters take care of that?

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wouldn't a respirator with hepa filters take care of that?

Sure, if you want to go buy one, do it your own way. Remove Oxygen sensor, beat it out, shake the crap out of it to get all the pieces out and reinstall.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!