P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently completed the addition of RAD Customs seat extenders for the rear seats of my 1000-5.

These brackets allow you to install a RZR seat bottom on them, and then they clip in to your existing seat. No seat removal is necessary, and no tools required. I leave them in the garage until I know I'll have back seat passengers, then pop them in before the ride.

Besides a real lack of padding, the biggest problem with the stock rear seats (for adults) is that they're so low to the floor, leaving your knees up by your chest.

The extenders really improve this aspect by bringing you up about 6". In addition, the RZR seats have better padding, and a little bolstering to boot.

Here they are installed:

And here I am sitting in a stock seat (6' 1", 215 lbs)

0503211621b

And in the RZR seat:

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some pros and cons:

Pro: Seat height increased. Great for kids as it brings them up and improves their view from the back seat. Great for adults in that it brings their upper leg closer to level.

Con: Seat height increased - Brings adults head closer to the roof. My wife did bump her head slightly on some rougher bumps, but then my Audioformz roof probably has less clearance than most of yours, with the speaker boxes up there.

Pro: Overall comfort greatly increased.

Con: Renders the top two straps of my 4-point harnesses basically useless, at least for adults. You sit too high above the back seat frame (where the 4-pt harnesses come from) and they want to fall off your shoulders I haven't tried to solve this issue yet, because I rarely have back seat passengers. I may add a bar across the back, or try criss-crossing, or something. Anyway, they can use the lap belt.

Con: They tend to want to pop out of their mounts when people get out, because they usually put a twisting motion on them that knocks them off the back hooks. Not that big of a deal since they're so easy to put back in, but a bit annoying.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to find some RZR seat bottoms that fit. I paid $50 for one, $90 for the other scouring around eBay over the past several weeks.

I bought one RZR seat that did not fit these mounts, and had to return it. I'm sure there are a lot of different seat models that will fit it, but the one I have is part number 2686011 - Partzilla shows it going in several 2014-2016 models. The one I bought that did not fit was part number 2684957. The difference is in the bolt pattern of the mounting holes.

I'm sure there's a ton of RZR seats that bolt right up, but just wanted to advise you that not all will. I'll get some measurements of that bolt pattern and post it here later.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's really cool! I will have to check those out.
I recently completed the addition of RAD Customs seat extenders for the rear seats of my 1000-5.

These brackets allow you to install a RZR seat bottom on them, and then they clip in to your existing seat. No seat removal is necessary, and no tools required. I leave them in the garage until I know I'll have back seat passengers, then pop them in before the ride.

Besides a real lack of padding, the biggest problem with the stock rear seats (for adults) is that they're so low to the floor, leaving your knees up by your chest.

The extenders really improve this aspect by bringing you up about 6". In addition, the RZR seats have better padding, and a little bolstering to boot.

Here they are installed:

View attachment 287112

And here I am sitting in a stock seat (6' 1", 215 lbs)

View attachment 287113

And in the RZR seat:

View attachment 287114

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Some pros and cons:

Pro: Seat height increased. Great for kids as it brings them up and improves their view from the back seat. Great for adults in that it brings their upper leg closer to level.

Con: Seat height increased - Brings adults head closer to the roof. My wife did bump her head slightly on some rougher bumps, but then my Audioformz roof probably has less clearance than most of yours, with the speaker boxes up there.

Con: Renders the top two straps of my 4-point harnesses basically useless, at least for adults. You sit too high above the back seat frame (where the 4-pt harnesses come from) and they want to fall off your shoulders I haven't tried to solve this issue yet, because I rarely have back seat passengers. I may add a bar across the back, or try criss-crossing, or something. Anyway, they can use the lap belt.

Con: They tend to want to pop out of their mounts when people get out, because they usually put a twisting motion on them that knocks them off the back hooks. Not that big of a deal since they're so easy to put back in, but a bit annoying.
I've got a set of these but have not had a rear passenger since I got them over a year ago. I thought the same thing about getting out and them popping out. At the time, I didn't realize there is a driver side and passenger side bracket. I had them on the wrong side. When I switched them, they didn't seen to pop out as easy. But that's been a year ago and I could've just imagined that sitting in my garage. 1 has a d and the other I believe has a p on it. Try that and report back. I'm curious to see if that makes a difference for you.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
... there is a driver side and passenger side bracket. I had them on the wrong side. When I switched them, they didn't seen to pop out as easy. ...
That's funny you mention that - I did finally just notice the "D" and "P" this week, when I got the second RZR bottom. I did, in fact, run it wrong last time, and made note of it.

However, after getting both of them in (in the proper place) on my last test assembly, I thought it still looked like they were going to pop out. I haven't fully confirmed this on the trail, though. I thought to mention that, but figured I'd comment after they get some trail time.

colin215213

colin215213

Old Hippie
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some pros and cons:

Nice write up Dave, thanks!

jtb33

jtb33

Apr 4, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at these, but I also have an Audioformz roof - and mine has the subwoofer in the middle, back. I wonder if these would raise the seat level up too high...

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at these, but I also have an Audioformz roof - and mine has the subwoofer in the middle, back. I wonder if these would raise the seat level up too high...
Glass half full scenario.....

Does it increase the bass level putting the passengers closer to the woofer...

G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If any of you are considering these seat bases, I found a lot of seats being sold for very reasonable prices on some of the RZR forum's. True there are some RZR owners that feel these seats are filled with gold and want hundreds of dollars per seat but there are others that offer them up at reasonable prices if you just watch and are patient.

It would appear to me that a lot of the RZR guys upgrade their seats to aftermarket versions and have these kicking around. Some make bar stools out of the RZR seats and others just have them sitting around.

I got a pair of the full seat (vs just the seat bottom) for $50 and most of that was to cover shipping and packaging.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If any of you are considering these seat bases, I found a lot of seats being sold for very reasonable prices on some of the RZR forum's. True there are some RZR owners that feel these seats are filled with gold and want hundreds of dollars per seat but there are others that offer them up at reasonable prices if you just watch and are patient.

It would appear to me that a lot of the RZR guys upgrade their seats to aftermarket versions and have these kicking around. Some make bar stools out of the RZR seats and others just have them sitting around.

I got a pair of the full seat (vs just the seat bottom) for $50 and most of that was to cover shipping and packaging.
Question is...If there coming from a PooPoo, will they catch your P1K5 a fire?🔥🤔😂
Or give you a hot A$$!!!!:oops::oops:😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!