Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
He has been making updates showing private property and closed gates (see below from December updates) but I don't think most people update their tablets?

View attachment 246591View attachment 246592View attachment 246593

I just bought the lifetime trail maps app in the last two weeks and mine did have all of the private property updates and closures on it. I feel like if you update it at least once a year with their free once a year update that you will be fine and have most of the up-to-date trail setups. I plan on just doing that but if it becomes a bigger problem then I may have to look at the annual cost.

R

Rick53

Dec 11, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one thing people fail to see is, if this privatizing of public land doesn't stop at some point everything will be private. It's happening like crazy here in Arizona. I pay taxes, that means I am technically one of a group ownership. If the land is closed to public use or sold without a public vote on it, it has been stolen from the public. We need a louder voice in this, but not a bunch of people that didn't mature past 13 years of age drinking, partying, littering, and raising hell. Be courteous to others, it really doesn't hurt or cost anything. But does go a long way with adult humans.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Grand County does not hate UTV's. Grand County residence hate drunk, belligerent UTV owners with aftermarket exhaust racing up and down residential streets doing 75MPH at 3 am. Grand County Commission is looking out for the people that live there and they do not need 5 days of ROTR's tourist dollars.
ROTR has become a huge drunken out of control 24 hour a day, 5 day party and they refuse to agree to any type of rules. If they just quieted down a little like they were asked to in 2018 AND 2019, none of this would have happened. They have no one to blame but themselves.

If people are drinking and driving they should be arrested. If they are tearing up the streets at 3am they should be arrested. There shouldn't be alternative rules for events. Thats pretty simple.

The event personelle should promote responsible driving but they aren't the cops. They should make it clear that they support the police and anyone out being a dumbf*** on the streets is going to have a problem.

Did police try to stop all the s*** going on or did they just let it slide and expect the event promoter to get people to calm down?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I watched motorcycling riding areas get closed for 50 years because of noise and stupid behavior. People who live in areas (Moab) don't want to hear 'us'. Keep the noise down and the residents don't know we're there for the most part. It's the aftermarket exhaust and 1000 watt sound systems echoing off everything that gets areas closed and makes motorized recreation unwelcome. The Sand Hollow rally in 2019 was very specific - loud exhaust will NOT be allowed. If we don't police ourselves, areas will continue to get closed and 'we' won't be welcome for long - money into the economy only buys so much good will.

It's simple, keep it quiet or get unwelcome. Everyone doesn't want to listen to YOUR music or ear bleeding exhaust no matter how much YOU like it.

Bobrhino

Bobrhino

Sep 19, 2018
Arizona & Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I watched motorcycling riding areas get closed for 50 years because of noise and stupid behavior. People who live in areas (Moab) don't want to hear 'us'. Keep the noise down and the residents don't know we're there for the most part. It's the aftermarket exhaust and 1000 watt sound systems echoing off everything that gets areas closed and makes motorized recreation unwelcome. The Sand Hollow rally in 2019 was very specific - loud exhaust will NOT be allowed. If we don't police ourselves, areas will continue to get closed and 'we' won't be welcome for long - money into the economy only buys so much good will.

It's simple, keep it quiet or get unwelcome. Everyone doesn't want to listen to YOUR music or ear bleeding exhaust no matter how much YOU like it.

CID you’ve just expressed my sentiments precisely! In fact, I’ve posted similar on this forum related to exhaust mods increasing sound levels.

The SXS industry is still very new relative to the motorcycle industry. The motorcycle off-road sector has shared the same problems that this newer SXS phenomenon is now experiencing. Just a different generation. In fact and as I recall, by late 1960‘s early 1970‘s we were hit hard in the So-Cal desert involving a variety of booby traps on trails and neck-high steel cables and ropes placed on high speed dirt roads. These horrific devices were found at offroad desert races as well as family trail rides outings. Those times really bump started Sierra Club and other groups to end us altogether, almost successfully too. With advocacy groups such as American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and the industry as a whole, a beginning occurred to promote sensible sound level exhausts (weld-on silencers🦻), sound testing at events, education of “we the people” to become respectful of all others and so much more.

Wake up UTV OHV industry! This includes USA made Polaris and all manufacturers including those marketing equipment and accessories. Read this thread. I’m sure there are still some of you ‘still involved‘ industry folks that can recite these same experiences from ‘back-in-the-day’ that might help save THIS newer recreation group. You know that most people won’t get this on their own. They need to be prodded.

Before we bash folks for closing our favorite riding areas, try to view our sport and our habits from their prospective. Maybe, just maybe we will then get. “You just can’t fix stupid”

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
CID you’ve just expressed my sentiments precisely! In fact, I’ve posted similar on this forum related to exhaust mods increasing sound levels.

The SXS industry is still very new relative to the motorcycle industry. The motorcycle off-road sector has shared the same problems that this newer SXS phenomenon is now experiencing. Just a different generation. In fact and as I recall, by late 1960‘s early 1970‘s we were hit hard in the So-Cal desert involving a variety of booby traps on trails and neck-high steel cables and ropes placed on high speed dirt roads. These horrific devices were found at offroad desert races as well as family trail rides outings. Those times really bump started Sierra Club and other groups to end us altogether, almost successfully too. With advocacy groups such as American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and the industry as a whole, a beginning occurred to promote sensible sound level exhausts (weld-on silencers🦻), sound testing at events, education of “we the people” to become respectful of all others and so much more.

Wake up UTV OHV industry! This includes USA made Polaris and all manufacturers including those marketing equipment and accessories. Read this thread. I’m sure there are still some of you ‘still involved‘ industry folks that can recite these same experiences from ‘back-in-the-day’ that might help save THIS newer recreation group. You know that most people won’t get this on their own. They need to be prodded.

Before we bash folks for closing our favorite riding areas, try to view our sport and our habits from their prospective. Maybe, just maybe we will then get. “You just can’t fix stupid”
Indeed 'we' (off road motorcycle riders) had to be taught that noise was our enemy. We're a small segment of society and if we don't keep ourselves quiet, we'll lose our riding privileges just like the dirt bikers did in SoCal (and dozens of other areas nationwide).

I still have 3 or 4 of these lying around from the mid 70's - Less Sound = More Ground.
I FLSL5hS S

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If/ when Bidet takes power you know he’ll be shutting down all the places we ride and or putting heavy restrictions on them. Places like Bears Ears will go back to desert tortoises and Chinese businesses.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
If they won't respect our rights, we won't respect their rules.
That is sometimes a valid argument but in the case of ROR in Moab, you have it backwards.

Without rules, there is no such thing as rights. If they would have simply respected the rules then there would be no problem.

Your rights are completely in tact in Moab, as long as you want to follow the rules. If you want to go to Moab and be a drunken A$$HOLE then just don't come. Stay home and F up your own state and leave mine alone.

Personally, I am sick and tired of drunk, belligerent a-holes ruining everything that is good.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's the attitude communist Tyrants deserve.

If they won't respect our rights, we won't respect their rules.
And another thing about rights. Yours END when they infringe on someone else's. Your right to race your buddy ends when you do it down a residential street at 3 in the morning just like my right to shoot a firearm ends when I aim it at your house and blow out a window.

H

HondaTech

And another thing about rights. Yours END when they infringe on someone else's. Your right to race your buddy ends when you do it down a residential street at 3 in the morning just like my right to shoot a firearm ends when I aim it at your house and blow out a window.

I'm with you on people being stupid and immature to the point of indangering other people or property. But alot of places will use a few people causing problems to shut whole events down as an excuse. No one has a right to be an asshole or cause damage to anything or anyone. But permits are bulls*** ways to stop things from happening.

Its just another tax on people, but if you don't ask permission they can't say no.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Well stated!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The one thing people fail to see is, if this privatizing of public land doesn't stop at some point everything will be private. It's happening like crazy here in Arizona. I pay taxes, that means I am technically one of a group ownership. If the land is closed to public use or sold without a public vote on it, it has been stolen from the public. We need a louder voice in this, but not a bunch of people that didn't mature past 13 years of age drinking, partying, littering, and raising hell. Be courteous to others, it really doesn't hurt or cost anything. But does go a long way with adult humans.
EXACTLY!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!